Green eyes and nose discharge

KathrynW

Jun 27, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Not yet
My 10 week old woke up yesterday morning with a big goop of green discharge from his right eye. Once I cleaned it off there was no more during the day. This morning he woke up with it again and also from his nose. Calling the vet, but anyone had this happen and know what could be going on?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
green/yellow discharge can be an infection..... good to get him in the vet for a check up.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I would recommend taking him to the vet. I handle most of the things like wrinkles, yeast etc with home remedies but anything with discharge from the eyes, respitory etc I take them to the vet. Good luck! Keep us posted on the findings.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I agree-Green means go---to the vet. Take no chances, whether green or yellow discharge.

OP
K

KathrynW

Jun 27, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Not yet
Thanks all! Going today at 2:30. Will update!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with the others its best to take him (sorry I don't know his name) to the vet and have it checked out. Green or yellow discharge usually indicates an infection of some sort. My male Bulldozer has lots of allergies and he often wakes up with goop in his eyes, but it's always clear and I wipe it away with a unscented baby wipe. I also use over the counter allergy eye drops from the pharmacy when his allergies are really bad, and they seem to help. When the goop is clear, the vet said it is not a eye infection, but is caused from allergies.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
In a 10 weeks old pup this sounds like an upper respiratory infection along with conjunctivitis.

Is your pup on Nuvet plus? If not, you should get them on it right away, as all puppies (as well as adults for that matter) should use it. It helps protect young pups health and keeps their immune system strong. It also helps bridge the immunity gap from mom's milk- or colostrum- until they have had all their vaccines.

I start giving it to my puppies as soon as they are weaning from their mom's milk.

OP
K

KathrynW

Jun 27, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Not yet
So I took him and he sounds great, no upper respiratory infection, thankfully. They have me giving him Benadryl for possible allergies. But she also said sometimes Bulldogs be of their faces/short noses can get some conjunctivitis. This morning he didn't have it so hopefully it won't be a problem. Thanks all! And I'll check out the Nuvet plus.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So glad he's okay! That is wonderful news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.