Real Name
    Krista
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Default HotSpot?

Hi! Just in case- I've been kind of struggling with Bentleys allergies this summer. It is our first experience with allergies. So I'm cleaning him tonight like normal and under his back leg is a small bight pink pimple. Is this a hotspot? I've read about them. The pictures I've seen look terrible....So I wanted to ask you all. Of course, if it is what do I do.

Thanks in advance

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: HotSpot?

If you could post a pic that would be great…

Hotspots are normally larger than a pimple, you can just keep it clean using witch hazel and put some neosporine on it. It could be a bug bite or an ingrown hair...

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

3. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Could also be heat rash. If it looks like a pimple I don't think it's a hot spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Bella recently had a hotspot that appeared in a matter of hours. It started from some sort of insect bite and then spread to a silver dollar sized patch of thickened skin. It never looked like a pimple.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

IG: @bellatheenglishbully

Bully Bootie Duty Become a 4 Paw Member KristaB026's Avatar
    Real Name
    Krista
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

I'll take a picture. I'm sorry I didn't see anyone replied. I wish that was a website feature. Or am I just a newbie?!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KristaB026 View Post
    I'll take a picture. I'm sorry I didn't see anyone replied. I wish that was a website feature. Or am I just a newbie?!
    You'll get the hang if it
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Krista
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]89258I think this shows what I was asking? It is now a flat pink dot, maybe about the size of a pinky nail. There is also a smaller pink Pimple near the other. Bentley is pretty much his usual self. It has been muggy and hot the last few days. We have been limiting outside to just bathroom breaks. We have a window air conditioner, but he seems to lounge most of the mid afternoon and evening and then he comes alive after dark and wants to play. He's always been a eat a little bit and drop it where ever I'm walking and chewing at the same time kind of guy . He has been on a little scoop of Fromm with his Blue Buffalo for about four days now. I'm not sure he is in love with the food, but he hasn't ever been food obsessed either. I'm only noticing a little redness on his paws and jowls. He had a clear runny nose the other day, but it went away. My husband and I went out to dinner last night. I had him in his crate with the air on for two hours at the most. When I let him out to play inside with me he did have a grumble of congestion sound going on... I am a assuming this is sneeze but every so often he makes a grumble and it finishes out with like a push of air sneeze sound? He has also rubbed his ears, but only like once every other day? I've cleaned his ears carefully to check and everything looks normal. I honestly think we are just dealing with allergies. He's not acting sick. I'm monitoring him because I've never been through allergies until the start of the month. I'm not alarmed by anything, but I want to make sure he doesn't become miserable either.

Lots of information, but I wanted to give you all my details incase you think you can offer any advice, experiences, or things for me to do for him. @2BullyMama @Cali Doll @TyTysmom @ddnene
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_3809-jpg   -img_3805-jpg  

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

-img_3809-jpg I think this shows what I was asking? It is now a flat pink dot, maybe about the size of a pinky nail. There is also a smaller pink Pimple near the other. Bentley is pretty much his usual self. It has been muggy and hot the last few days. We have been limiting outside to just bathroom breaks. We have a window air conditioner, but he seems to lounge most of the mid afternoon and evening and then he comes alive after dark and wants to play. He's always been a eat a little bit and drop it where ever I'm walking and chewing at the same time kind of guy . He has been on a little scoop of Fromm with his Blue Buffalo for about four days now. I'm not sure he is in love with the food, but he hasn't ever been food obsessed either. I'm only noticing a little redness on his paws and jowls. He had a clear runny nose the other day, but it went away. My husband and I went out to dinner last night. I had him in his crate with the air on for two hours at the most. When I let him out to play inside with me he did have a grumble of congestion sound going on... I am a assuming this is sneeze but every so often he makes a grumble and it finishes out with like a push of air sneeze sound? He has also rubbed his ears, but only like once every other day? I've cleaned his ears carefully to check and everything looks normal. I honestly think we are just dealing with allergies. He's not acting sick. I'm monitoring him because I've never been through allergies until the start of the month. I'm not alarmed by anything, but I want to make sure he doesn't become miserable either.

Lots of information, but I wanted to give you all my details incase you think you can offer any advice, experiences, or things for me to do for him. @2BullyMama @Cali Doll @TyTysmom @ddnene
    Which Fromm are you feeding? You can give him Benedryl 1 mg per pound up to 3x a day... it will help as I agree it sound like allergies. Also, what helps is using a cool wash cloth, wipe his paws, face and belly when he comes in form being outside... can be a pain, but saves a lot of discomfort and skin issues.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

-img_3809-jpg I think this shows what I was asking? It is now a flat pink dot, maybe about the size of a pinky nail. There is also a smaller pink Pimple near the other. Bentley is pretty much his usual self. It has been muggy and hot the last few days. We have been limiting outside to just bathroom breaks. We have a window air conditioner, but he seems to lounge most of the mid afternoon and evening and then he comes alive after dark and wants to play. He's always been a eat a little bit and drop it where ever I'm walking and chewing at the same time kind of guy . He has been on a little scoop of Fromm with his Blue Buffalo for about four days now. I'm not sure he is in love with the food, but he hasn't ever been food obsessed either. I'm only noticing a little redness on his paws and jowls. He had a clear runny nose the other day, but it went away. My husband and I went out to dinner last night. I had him in his crate with the air on for two hours at the most. When I let him out to play inside with me he did have a grumble of congestion sound going on... I am a assuming this is sneeze but every so often he makes a grumble and it finishes out with like a push of air sneeze sound? He has also rubbed his ears, but only like once every other day? I've cleaned his ears carefully to check and everything looks normal. I honestly think we are just dealing with allergies. He's not acting sick. I'm monitoring him because I've never been through allergies until the start of the month. I'm not alarmed by anything, but I want to make sure he doesn't become miserable either.

That might be ringworm, if it doesn't go away very soon you should think about a trip to the vet. It's not a hot spot -- Ruckus had one and hot spots are wet and almost pussy looking and generally have some hair loss.

I hope Bentley feels better soon!

Real Name
    Krista
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by g8erjackie View Post
    That might be ringworm, if it doesn't go away very soon you should think about a trip to the vet. It's not a hot spot -- Ruckus had one and hot spots are wet and almost pussy looking and generally have some hair loss.

I hope Bentley feels better soon!
    I thought that to. I really hope it's not. He's vaccinated and up to date on everything. Ugh. We were just at the vet two weeks ago.

Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

I thought that to. I really hope it's not. He's vaccinated and up to date on everything. Ugh. We were just at the vet two weeks ago.
    I'd take him in just to be safe. I thought the same about Regina, I had her at the vet and everything was perfect. A week later, she pooped in the house...the only time I've ever been glad about that...and I found a WORM in her poop. I had to take a sample to the vet and get her a de-wormer. The vet said she could have eaten some contaminated soil or caught it from another puppy she played with, no sure way to know.

Real Name
    Krista
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Oh we are going today! I'm going to walk in and the nurses are going to think- oh great here's the crazy bulldog mom again. I'm super protective of my little guy though!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads