KristaB026

Jul 13, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Hi! Just in case- I've been kind of struggling with Bentleys allergies this summer. It is our first experience with allergies. So I'm cleaning him tonight like normal and under his back leg is a small bight pink pimple. Is this a hotspot? I've read about them. The pictures I've seen look terrible....So I wanted to ask you all. Of course, if it is what do I do.

Thanks in advance

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
If you could post a pic that would be great…

Hotspots are normally larger than a pimple, you can just keep it clean using witch hazel and put some neosporine on it. It could be a bug bite or an ingrown hair...

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Could also be heat rash. If it looks like a pimple I don't think it's a hot spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Bella recently had a hotspot that appeared in a matter of hours. It started from some sort of insect bite and then spread to a silver dollar sized patch of thickened skin. It never looked like a pimple.

OP
KristaB026

KristaB026

Jul 13, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
I'll take a picture. I'm sorry I didn't see anyone replied. I wish that was a website feature. Or am I just a newbie?! :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'll take a picture. I'm sorry I didn't see anyone replied. I wish that was a website feature. Or am I just a newbie?! :)

You'll get the hang if it ;)

OP
KristaB026

KristaB026

Jul 13, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
IMG_3809.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3805.JPG
    IMG_3805.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 142
  • IMG_3809.JPG
    IMG_3809.JPG
    700.6 KB · Views: 321

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
View attachment 89258 I think this shows what I was asking? It is now a flat pink dot, maybe about the size of a pinky nail. There is also a smaller pink Pimple near the other. Bentley is pretty much his usual self. It has been muggy and hot the last few days. We have been limiting outside to just bathroom breaks. We have a window air conditioner, but he seems to lounge most of the mid afternoon and evening and then he comes alive after dark and wants to play. He's always been a eat a little bit and drop it where ever I'm walking and chewing at the same time kind of guy :). He has been on a little scoop of Fromm with his Blue Buffalo for about four days now. I'm not sure he is in love with the food, but he hasn't ever been food obsessed either. I'm only noticing a little redness on his paws and jowls. He had a clear runny nose the other day, but it went away. My husband and I went out to dinner last night. I had him in his crate with the air on for two hours at the most. When I let him out to play inside with me he did have a grumble of congestion sound going on... I am a assuming this is sneeze but every so often he makes a grumble and it finishes out with like a push of air sneeze sound? He has also rubbed his ears, but only like once every other day? I've cleaned his ears carefully to check and everything looks normal. I honestly think we are just dealing with allergies. He's not acting sick. I'm monitoring him because I've never been through allergies until the start of the month. I'm not alarmed by anything, but I want to make sure he doesn't become miserable either.

Lots of information, but I wanted to give you all my details incase you think you can offer any advice, experiences, or things for me to do for him. :) @2BullyMama @Cali Doll @TyTysmom @ddnene

Which Fromm are you feeding? You can give him Benedryl 1 mg per pound up to 3x a day... it will help as I agree it sound like allergies. Also, what helps is using a cool wash cloth, wipe his paws, face and belly when he comes in form being outside... can be a pain, but saves a lot of discomfort and skin issues.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
View attachment 89258 I think this shows what I was asking? It is now a flat pink dot, maybe about the size of a pinky nail. There is also a smaller pink Pimple near the other. Bentley is pretty much his usual self. It has been muggy and hot the last few days. We have been limiting outside to just bathroom breaks. We have a window air conditioner, but he seems to lounge most of the mid afternoon and evening and then he comes alive after dark and wants to play. He's always been a eat a little bit and drop it where ever I'm walking and chewing at the same time kind of guy :). He has been on a little scoop of Fromm with his Blue Buffalo for about four days now. I'm not sure he is in love with the food, but he hasn't ever been food obsessed either. I'm only noticing a little redness on his paws and jowls. He had a clear runny nose the other day, but it went away. My husband and I went out to dinner last night. I had him in his crate with the air on for two hours at the most. When I let him out to play inside with me he did have a grumble of congestion sound going on... I am a assuming this is sneeze but every so often he makes a grumble and it finishes out with like a push of air sneeze sound? He has also rubbed his ears, but only like once every other day? I've cleaned his ears carefully to check and everything looks normal. I honestly think we are just dealing with allergies. He's not acting sick. I'm monitoring him because I've never been through allergies until the start of the month. I'm not alarmed by anything, but I want to make sure he doesn't become miserable either.

Lots of information, but I wanted to give you all my details incase you think you can offer any advice, experiences, or things for me to do for him. :) [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=13235]Cali Doll[/MENTION] [MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION]

That might be ringworm, if it doesn't go away very soon you should think about a trip to the vet. It's not a hot spot -- Ruckus had one and hot spots are wet and almost pussy looking and generally have some hair loss.

I hope Bentley feels better soon!

OP
KristaB026

KristaB026

Jul 13, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
That might be ringworm, if it doesn't go away very soon you should think about a trip to the vet. It's not a hot spot -- Ruckus had one and hot spots are wet and almost pussy looking and generally have some hair loss.

I hope Bentley feels better soon!
I thought that to. I really hope it's not. He's vaccinated and up to date on everything. Ugh. We were just at the vet two weeks ago. :(

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I thought that to. I really hope it's not. He's vaccinated and up to date on everything. Ugh. We were just at the vet two weeks ago. :(

I'd take him in just to be safe. I thought the same about Regina, I had her at the vet and everything was perfect. A week later, she pooped in the house...the only time I've ever been glad about that...and I found a WORM in her poop. I had to take a sample to the vet and get her a de-wormer. The vet said she could have eaten some contaminated soil or caught it from another puppy she played with, no sure way to know.

OP
KristaB026

KristaB026

Jul 13, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Oh we are going today! I'm going to walk in and the nurses are going to think- oh great here's the crazy bulldog mom again. I'm super protective of my little guy though!

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Oh we are going today! I'm going to walk in and the nurses are going to think- oh great here's the crazy bulldog mom again. I'm super protective of my little guy though!

We're all the crazy bulldog moms. They're used to it. Lucky for us, our bullies are cute enough to overshadow our crazy.

When I took Regina's poop sample in it was the day after the 4th of July and the vet tech was clearly clutching her Gatorade and told me they'd call me later with results and I was like oh I can wait, I brought the worm too! She obliged but I could tell she was thinking I was nuts.

OP
KristaB026

KristaB026

Jul 13, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Oh my goodness! Good. I'm not all kinds of crazy! I mean those squishy cute faces, how could you not be a mamabear....or is is mamabully?! I really like our vet. I drilled them hard when I got Bentley to see how much they knew about bullies and how many they were currently treating. The works. I have been going debating switching him to the known Bulldog vet, its also listen on this site. I think Bentley is taken care of just fine, but I feel like I don't seem less crazy after working with the staff where we are now.

Side note- Having Bentley makes me wonder if I should be a human mother is I am this nuts! ;)

OP
KristaB026

KristaB026

Jul 13, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Which Fromm are you feeding? You can give him Benedryl 1 mg per pound up to 3x a day... it will help as I agree it sound like allergies. Also, what helps is using a cool wash cloth, wipe his paws, face and belly when he comes in form being outside... can be a pain, but saves a lot of discomfort and skin issues.

[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] This is the spot.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.