Dozer lost a molar mouth bleeding?

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Dozer lost one of his molars. I know puppies lose teeth , but his mouth is bleeding more than I expected . Not a massive amount , nut what i consider a lot for a lost tooth . Is this normal?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm not sure ... I guess it depends on how he lost it ... did he knock it out or did it just fall out naturally. If there is a lot of blood then he may have somehow knocked/pulled it out. Either way, dogs are just like humans and any injury/trauma to the head means a lot more blood than if it had happened somewhere else on the body.

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
He was chewing on a tug rope so I think it was lose already. I'm thinking maybe it got caught on the rope and he pulled it out a little early. Do I need to worry about it getting infected?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow I Am not sure, if it stopped bleeding quickly then I would not worry too much. Just keep an eye on it I would guess.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Truman lost a couple teeth that bled some after they fell out - especially the larger ones. I wouldn't worry unless you see or smell something that coming from Dozer's mouth. Just like people, when puppies lose a tooth and it kind of gets pulled instead of dropping out because of pressure from another tooth, they can bleed but I don't think it's typically something you need to worry about any more than in a child that loses or has a tooth extracted before it pops out on it's own.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
it should be okay. First off the blood will mix with his saliva and look like there is more than there really is. Also if he was able to "pull" it out with a toy, it was ready anyways. Also another sign of it being ready is whether or not he yelped after wards. Did it hurt or not? The molar covers more surface area in the gingival tissue, so it will bleed a little bit more.

Did you save it to put under his pillow? You may think I am weird but I have saved every tooth from every pup I have had.

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Thanks guys. I am obsessed with this dog and it makes me panic when common sense should come in:bust:. He is fine , it didn't seem to hurt him at all . [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] I would have saved it,but he ate it:eek:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Thanks guys. I am obsessed with this dog and it makes me panic when common sense should come in:bust:. He is fine , it didn't seem to hurt him at all . [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] I would have saved it,but he ate it:eek:

I was going to say that usually with Molars, they get swallowed. I have only found 3 molars between all my dogs.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I was going to say that usually with Molars, they get swallowed. I have only found 3 molars between all my dogs.

Yep, don't feel TOO bad. I did recover a couple of Truman's baby teeth and I put them somewhere, forgot about them, and was digging around in my purse one day and found a trove puppy teeth. So that's where they were! :p

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.