Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bentley's allergies and nutrition

Quote Originally Posted by KristaB026 View Post
    I didn't mean to ignore the food question. I was giving him the Blue Buffalo Chicken and Rice. I noticed it didn't get a six star rating on the site. Maybe I should give him something better? His first owners gave him pedigree I think. So he has had diet change already.
    Jessica and Ellie sure have you covered!! as for food,, i would look for something grain free..... Earthborn, Orijen, Fromm, Acana, tast of the Wild are a few to check out
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

2. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    Bully Bootie Duty Become a 4 Paw Member KristaB026's Avatar
    Real Name
    Krista
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Jessica and Ellie sure have you covered!! as for food,, i would look for something grain free..... Earthborn, Orijen, Fromm, Acana, tast of the Wild are a few to check out

Thanks Christine. Where do I find these brands if they are not at the stores? I like to go to pets supplies plus. I'm kinda turned off by petssmart after hearing about bubba's grooming accident. (I know it's old news, but I feel its my way of showing support)

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Christine. Where do I find these brands if they are not at the stores? I like to go to pets supplies plus. I'm kinda turned off by petssmart after hearing about bubba's grooming accident. (I know it's old news, but I feel its my way of showing support)
    Pet Supplies Plus may have some of them..... I shop at a small local business where I get Fromm. Might be good to research which you want to go with and then use the manufacture's website to find a nearby store. Also, you can use Petflow.com for home delivery
    e.

Real Name
    Krista
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Pet Supplies Plus may have some of them..... I shop at a small local business where I get Fromm. Might be good to research which you want to go with and then use the manufacture's website to find a nearby store. Also, you can use Petflow.com for home delivery
    It's amazing how much more I've learned joining the conversation only a few days ago. I did go to the Fromm website and found that a local chain I don't shop at carries it. Bentley's almost out of good so I'm going to get him a small bag of Blue Buffalo and mix it in with Fromm. I'll comment on his food change. How long do you think it might be until I see some changes in allergies?

6. Likes TyTysmom, bullmama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

It's amazing how much more I've learned joining the conversation only a few days ago. I did go to the Fromm website and found that a local chain I don't shop at carries it. Bentley's almost out of good so I'm going to get him a small bag of Blue Buffalo and mix it in with Fromm. I'll comment on his food change. How long do you think it might be until I see some changes in allergies?
    Transition him over slowly (over a week or so) -- it may take up to a month or so minimum bc he has to completely rid his body of the Blue I'm happy you have decided to put him on a grain free, this will def help so much! Fromms also has a non grain free line - so make sure you read the labels. Grain free, and preferably not chicken. So beef frittata, pork & peas, lamb & lentil, Salmon, surf & turf, etc! Keep us posted!

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

8. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Real Name
    Krista
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    Transition him over slowly (over a week or so) -- it may take up to a month or so minimum bc he has to completely rid his body of the Blue I'm happy you have decided to put him on a grain free, this will def help so much! Fromms also has a non grain free line - so make sure you read the labels. Grain free, and preferably not chicken. So beef frittata, pork & peas, lamb & lentil, Salmon, surf & turf, etc! Keep us posted!
    Thanks Jessica!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Jessica!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Jessica!

10. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Takes a but a month for the old food to get out of the system... so figure about 6 weeks. Gradual change so he does not end up with an upset belly
    e.

Real Name
    Krista
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

@2BullyMama @tyrysmom I went to pets supplies plus today before a movie. They carry a big bag of the Fromm Surf and Turf. I'll get that with a Blue Buffalo bag I e been feeding him tomorrow. We ran out if food tonight. Great timing.

13. Likes TyTysmom, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Sorry I missed this conversation but wanted to welcome you to the group! The gang has you covered on the food. The nuvet plus also has a natural antihistamine in it so many dogs with allergy problems get so much relief. I love it so much I became a full time representative, so if you have any questions just send me a PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

15. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    Real Name
    Krista
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bullmama View Post
    Sorry I missed this conversation but wanted to welcome you to the group! The gang has you covered on the food. The nuvet plus also has a natural antihistamine in it so many dogs with allergy problems get so much relief. I love it so much I became a full time representative, so if you have any questions just send me a PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thanks I will!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads