10yr old female Bulldog suddenly sick (vet can't find any issues)

lilyspop

Mar 23, 2015
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Lily
From experience, do your best to get your Betty off of that terrible Rimadyl! It caused my baby Lily to have explosive diarrhea.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Praying for your Precious Betty that she will be ok. Your Bully's are both Beautiful. Welcome to EBN

OP
J

js82181p

Jul 14, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty and Nelson
Hi All,

I'm happy to update that Betty is currently doing quite well! In the beginning of August our vet came to the conclusion that Betty either has Inflammatory Bowel Disease or cancer of the bowels. This was primarily based on the fact that she was basically starving to death even though she was consuming plenty of food (albeit by hand feeding only). We opted to not put her under to do the biopsy needed to determine which is was as both are commonly treated with steroids (prednisone). She's been on the prednisone for the last 5 months and has gained back all of her weight (and then some). The vet communicated to us (back in Novermber) that if it is cancer, she would very unlikely make it through January. We're planning on scheduling a follow up appointment in early February, which if she clears her blood work will allow us to start reducing her Prednisone (and keep her weight under control).

Thanks for all of the support, and I'll post again if we have any further updates!!

-Jimmy

betty and nelson 1.jpgbetty.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Continued prayers for you and Betty--- thank you for the update

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Glad Miss Betty is up and about :) spunk!

Im curious what kind of diet she was on before all this started.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thank you for giving us an update on beautiful Betty.

Wonderful to hear she's doing to well, hugs to y'all!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online