Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 26

Thread: Please help! Dog sounds like he's snoring but awake

  1. #1
    Potty Trainer
    Country
    San Bernardino
    Location
    California
    Posts
    58
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter and Renzo
    Likes (Received)
    67

    Default Please help! Dog sounds like he's snoring but awake

    Last night about 10pm dexter stared to snore while he was awake like something was stuck in his nose. He's wheezing sound like it could be "reverse sneezing" but it still hasn't stop. He had a hard time falling asleep. When he does sleep it sounds like something is in is nose. His sleeping snoring don't sound like his normal snore. He also keeps burpeeing a lot, like acid reflex.
    I went to the vet this morning, they did X-rays and everything looked good. They couldn't explain to me what was wrong! Other than to say this breed needs to breath with his mouth open even when he's asleep. She gave me antibiotics that's all.
    I believe maybe an apple seed got stuff in his nose, my son was slicing one that night.
    If anyone knows what I can try please advice. I'm going to look for another vet if it does get better.
    Thank you!

    Dexter is 7 months old. 47 pounds. T

  2. #2
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,140
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11475

    Default Re: Please help! Dog sounds like he's snoring but awake

    I would find a bulldog experienced vet and get a second opinion..... if there is something in his nose, even a seed -- they extra effort to breath can be a big issue for the rest of his organs. not good

    - - - Updated - - -

    I tagged a few of our SoCal members to help you find a vet for a second opinion
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  3. Likes Mom of Tucker liked this post
  4. #3
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: Please help! Dog sounds like he's snoring but awake

    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalLily View Post
    Last night about 10pm dexter stared to snore while he was awake like something was stuck in his nose. He's wheezing sound like it could be "reverse sneezing" but it still hasn't stop. He had a hard time falling asleep. When he does sleep it sounds like something is in is nose. His sleeping snoring don't sound like his normal snore. He also keeps burpeeing a lot, like acid reflex.
    I went to the vet this morning, they did X-rays and everything looked good. They couldn't explain to me what was wrong! Other than to say this breed needs to breath with his mouth open even when he's asleep. She gave me antibiotics that's all.
    I believe maybe an apple seed got stuff in his nose, my son was slicing one that night.
    If anyone knows what I can try please advice. I'm going to look for another vet if it does get better.
    Thank you!

    Dexter is 7 months old. 47 pounds. T
    I am really sorry to hear this. I would contact Doctor Butchko who's in Riverside 951-686-2242, he knows his stuff and is the best bully vet in so cal.

  5. Likes TyTysmom, 2BullyMama liked this post
  6. #4
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    brutus77's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    6,959
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)
    2789

    Default Re: Please help! Dog sounds like he's snoring but awake

    Good luck
    My smooshy face boy!

  7. #5
    Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    harveyspecter's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Yorba Linda (The OC), California
    Posts
    4,890
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    3552

    Default Re: Please help! Dog sounds like he's snoring but awake

    Dr. Butchko in Riverside is the place to go with Bulldog issues.

    Just a question, Did the vet note of any stenotic nares issues? His nostril airways are narrow and restricted requiring widening. You might consider this procedure. Not sure if Butchko performs this procedure. I know Roy Kraemer (another bulldog expert) now with his own practice in Orange, CA. does.

    Good Luck to you.
    Hug your bully today

  8. Likes dolphin, TyTysmom, 2BullyMama liked this post
  9. #6
    Potty Trainer
    Country
    San Bernardino
    Location
    California
    Posts
    58
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter and Renzo
    Likes (Received)
    67

    Default Re: Please help! Dog sounds like he's snoring but awake

    Thank you so much! I'm looking for another vet

  10. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  11. #7
    Potty Trainer
    Country
    San Bernardino
    Location
    California
    Posts
    58
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter and Renzo
    Likes (Received)
    67

    Default Re: Please help! Dog sounds like he's snoring but awake

    I was at Dr.Butchko office this morning. They did look inside his nose but the same way I've looked just with a light. The X-rays showed everything looked ok, but it doesn't show his nose. Should I try finding another bet today? It does sound way better than last night when it stared.
    Thank you all, I really appreciate your help.

  12. #8
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: Please help! Dog sounds like he's snoring but awake

    If it sounds better I would keep an eye on him but if it starts getting worst I would take him back. I'm sorry you're going through this I know how stressful it is when something goes wrong with these babies.

  13. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  14. #9
    Drool Catcher Kevikell's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kelly
    Country
    us
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    241
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
    Likes (Received)
    121

    Default Re: Please help! Dog sounds like he's snoring but awake

    I have no experience with what you are dealing with but wanted to say I can't believe the vet gave you antibiotics without knowing what's wrong. They should know better!!! The overuse of antibiotics is contributing to superbugs like MRSA. They also wreak havoc on the immune system. Ugh...
    Happiness is looking at your dogs face...and forgetting all your problems

  15. Likes dolphin liked this post
  16. #10
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,140
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11475

    Default Re: Please help! Dog sounds like he's snoring but awake

    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalLily View Post
    I was at Dr.Butchko office this morning. They did look inside his nose but the same way I've looked just with a light. The X-rays showed everything looked ok, but it doesn't show his nose. Should I try finding another bet today? It does sound way better than last night when it stared.
    Thank you all, I really appreciate your help.
    I would call back to Butchko's office and tell them he still does not sound right, if that is the case and ask if he can be examined again, if they decline go to Dr. kraemer as suggested
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  17. Likes dolphin liked this post
  18. #11
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Posts
    5,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1414

    Default Re: Please help! Dog sounds like he's snoring but awake

    Can it be Kennel cough? Blue sounded very similar to what you're describing when he had it. I recorded it on my phone then showed it to the emergency vet and her dx was kennel cough. He was fine otherwise, still ate and played.


  19. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
  20. #12
    Potty Trainer
    Country
    San Bernardino
    Location
    California
    Posts
    58
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter and Renzo
    Likes (Received)
    67

    Default Re: Please help! Dog sounds like he's snoring but awake

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    If it sounds better I would keep an eye on him but if it starts getting worst I would take him back. I'm sorry you're going through this I know how stressful it is when something goes wrong with these babies.
    It is stressfull I'm keeping a close eye on him. I made another appt for tomorrow morning incase his condition doesn't improve.
    Thank you so much!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •