Please help! Dog sounds like he's snoring but awake

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you, I think you're right I should go back there, I deserve more answers. I paid for X-rays and once she said it all looks good, she said he needs to learn how to breath with his mouth.even when he's asleep. That was her answer for him making the snoring sound when he's awake. I told her he's never made this noise before, she said he's getting older it's going to be changing. I made another apt just incase with another vet. It just don't sound normal to me.
Thank you for your help!

Ask for an appt with a bully experienced vet ... This one you were with doesn't seem to understand them

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
I did mention it to the vet, she said no it wasn't. �� she thinks it's basically nothing. Makes no sence.
You know your baby best. Go with your gut. If you feel something is off it probably is so if going somewhere else is what is needed don't feel bad about doing so. I've done it and was so happy I did. You are your babies advocate and vets don't always know. As they say, momma knows best. Hope you find some answers soon. That is absurd that the vet said he has to breathe with his mouth open. Lol...what dog does that?!?

OP
S

SoCalLily

Jun 29, 2015
California
Country
San Bernardino
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter and Renzo
First I would like to say thank you from the bottom of my heart! I'm so lucky to have joined this form. Dexter woke up feeling a lot better! I still believe something was inside his nose, but he's not making the snoring noise. He's breathing threw his nose not his mouth. When he sleeps he is still breathing with his nose not his mouth lol silly Vet. He's back to being very playful.
I hope this won't happen again.
I'm not sure if I would like to return to Dr.butchko, i wasn't happy with the service.
Thank you from me and dexter! image.jpg

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
First I would like to say thank you from the bottom of my heart! I'm so lucky to have joined this form. Dexter woke up feeling a lot better! I still believe something was inside his nose, but he's not making the snoring noise. He's breathing threw his nose not his mouth. When he sleeps he is still breathing with his nose not his mouth lol silly Vet. He's back to being very playful.
I'm not sure if I would like to return to Dr.butchko, i wasn't happy with the service.
Thank you from me and dexter! View attachment 89048

Dr. Kraemer in Orange is SOCAL Bulldog Rescue's go to Vet. I highly recommend him. Please give him a visit next time.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

This is wonderful news - I'm so glad Dexter is feeling better. He is such a stud muffin with his bow tie. Give him lots of hugs from me & Tyson!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

YEAH -- so happy he is doing well!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I am so Glad that Precious Dexter is feeling better, he surely is a Handsome Young Lad.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella

He's incredibly handsome! I'm so glad he's feeling better.

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
Thank you so much! I'm looking for another vet:(

You will find out real quickly that not many vets know much about Bulldogs. I learned that the hard way, when my first baby passed away at 4 months. He had respiratory issues, and had the first, or even second vet, known about Bulldogs, he might have been saved. By the time I got him to the specialty hospital, it was downhill from there. Fortunately I have located a Bulldog vet an hour away from me who I plan to use with my babies I have now.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=14428]SoCalLily[/MENTION] I was just reading this post(sorry I'm late,my comp&desk are broken!) Have you looked at his nares. Maude need her nares widened(I am trying to wait until cooler weather--'entropion,too means cone) When she is thinking about something she wants,she sounds like she snores,when she is awake-did any vet take a look at his nose,to see if his nares need widening?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.