amdeemer

amdeemer

May 16, 2014
Pennsylvania, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Archie
Prednisone shot for Archie & it's like a miracle cure! He is no longer rubbing at his face at all & he finally seems like he's able to rest comfortably. The vet gave me a bottle of prednisone pills to keep on hand for "when" this happens again. ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Prednisone shot for Archie & it's like a miracle cure! He is no longer rubbing at his face at all & he finally seems like he's able to rest comfortably. The vet gave me a bottle of prednisone pills to keep on hand for "when" this happens again. ;)

Glad he is feeling better! Prednisone is an evil necessity

OP
amdeemer

amdeemer

May 16, 2014
Pennsylvania, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Archie
Day 3 of the bug bite fiasco and, while the swelling has all gone down, we've still got quite a bit of itching and discomfort going on. The prednisone shot seemed to have worn off around 4:30 yesterday so I gave Archie a prednisone pill as the vet had suggested. Can't say that helped a ton, but at least he had a very restful night's sleep. What would you all recommend I continue with Benadryl and prednisone again today? How much longer will my poor boy be miserable from this darn bug? I'm guessing if he had been bitten in his paw instead of under his eye, he might be in better shape by now. I feel so bad for him.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Day 3 of the bug bite fiasco and, while the swelling has all gone down, we've still got quite a bit of itching and discomfort going on. The prednisone shot seemed to have worn off around 4:30 yesterday so I gave Archie a prednisone pill as the vet had suggested. Can't say that helped a ton, but at least he had a very restful night's sleep. What would you all recommend I continue with Benadryl and prednisone again today? How much longer will my poor boy be miserable from this darn bug? I'm guessing if he had been bitten in his paw instead of under his eye, he might be in better shape by now. I feel so bad for him.

I can't remember how long Banks was on the pred for her two bouts with hives.... call the vet office and let them know she is not getting much relief from itching and can you mix the Benedryl with the Pred. I can't remember if we did or not. sorry

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.