M

mandals0810

Aug 27, 2014
Mississippi
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sassy
So the vet said contact dermatitis. Which is what we discussed on here. He gave her a steroid shot. When I told him i gave her the Benadryl and that it did not work, I tried the Claritin and she looked a little better this am than yesterday, he sort of rolled his eyes At me. I'm not very pleased with him, there is another vet in that practice that usually sees her, that I really like. He did her spaying surgery and her entropion surgery. Wish we could have seen him today. Anyway, the vet we saw today didn't say anything at all about continuing the Claritin. But I'm going to continue it, at least until she clears up.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm glad the vet diagnosed her rash, at least you know it was some sort of an allergic reaction. Sometimes they can have a reaction and you may never know what caused it. 2 summers ago, Dozer woke up with hives all over his body, and I gave him Benadryl, they lasted for almost 3 days, but I don't know to this day what caused them.

hilarylogan

May 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
My bully has the exact same problem! The hotter it gets and the taller the grass gets the worse his belly gets. We cut the grass, give him 2 Benadryl a day, and cut the grass very short in the back yard. After all of that he's as good as new!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Dermatitis is the Dx they give when they have no idea what caused it, and every vet seems to have the same treatment plan "steroid shot or cream" lol..

I'd keep her away from the grass until it cleared up.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.