Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Allergies???

Quote Originally Posted by mb190e View Post
    Yeah only on his neck and it wasn't even that bad this time. Thanks to Bruno we caught it early, because he kept licking Oliver's neck which alerted us to the rash. So we quickly buzzed the hair off so it could dry out and put some nustock cream on it until we could get him to the vet in the morning.

There's a picture of last time. He was in so much pain he couldn't even lay down he trying to sleep sitting up. This rash went from nothing to this in like 3 1/2 hours.

Attachment 88931
    Attachment 88932
    Attachment 88933
    Poor fella.... that looks so, so painful -- I just want to hug him. So glad Bruno alerted you to it so you could get it addressed
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Pooper scooper
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sassy
    Likes (Received)

Oh wow, OUCH! Sassy's doesn't look that intense. I gave her 5mg of Claritin last night, and then again a few minutes ago. Its not as dark pink as it was yesterday, more of a medium-lighter pink. Maybe the Claritin is more effective for her than the benadryl.

But Lawsy, she STINKS. I JUST gave her a bath yesterday in the anti fungal/antibacterial shampoo and she still just down right stinks. She smells like a dog that stays outside all the time and only gets a bath once in a while. She goes outside to potty, and play/excercise about 4-8 times a day. So she shouldn't smell this bad. And she doesn't have a lot of wrinkles for yeast to live in. She's not a wrinkly bulldog.

3. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mandals0810 View Post
    Oh wow, OUCH! Sassy's doesn't look that intense. I gave her 5mg of Claritin last night, and then again a few minutes ago. Its not as dark pink as it was yesterday, more of a medium-lighter pink. Maybe the Claritin is more effective for her than the benadryl.

But Lawsy, she STINKS. I JUST gave her a bath yesterday in the anti fungal/antibacterial shampoo and she still just down right stinks. She smells like a dog that stays outside all the time and only gets a bath once in a while. She goes outside to potty, and play/excercise about 4-8 times a day. So she shouldn't smell this bad. And she doesn't have a lot of wrinkles for yeast to live in. She's not a wrinkly bulldog.
    Yes, it is possible that, just like everything else, the Claritin is a better option for you
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Pooper scooper
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sassy
    Likes (Received)

So the vet said contact dermatitis. Which is what we discussed on here. He gave her a steroid shot. When I told him i gave her the Benadryl and that it did not work, I tried the Claritin and she looked a little better this am than yesterday, he sort of rolled his eyes At me. I'm not very pleased with him, there is another vet in that practice that usually sees her, that I really like. He did her spaying surgery and her entropion surgery. Wish we could have seen him today. Anyway, the vet we saw today didn't say anything at all about continuing the Claritin. But I'm going to continue it, at least until she clears up.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I'm glad the vet diagnosed her rash, at least you know it was some sort of an allergic reaction. Sometimes they can have a reaction and you may never know what caused it. 2 summers ago, Dozer woke up with hives all over his body, and I gave him Benadryl, they lasted for almost 3 days, but I don't know to this day what caused them.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

My bully has the exact same problem! The hotter it gets and the taller the grass gets the worse his belly gets. We cut the grass, give him 2 Benadryl a day, and cut the grass very short in the back yard. After all of that he's as good as new!

8. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Dermatitis is the Dx they give when they have no idea what caused it, and every vet seems to have the same treatment plan "steroid shot or cream" lol..

I'd keep her away from the grass until it cleared up.

10. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads