Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Thread: Urethral Prolapse

Newbie Become a 4 Paw Member Kelley's Avatar
    Cypress, Texas, United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Colt and Rugar
    Likes (Received)

Unhappy Urethral Prolapse

So one of our bullies (7 months old) was diagnosed with urethral prolapse. It was the most awful thing to have to experience, as he prolapsed twice. His vet had actually never seen one in "real life" , so imagine our concern when we had to take him back 2 days later...

Of all the conditions we were studied up on, this one caught us off guard. They ended up doing a small procedure while he was under for his neuter. That was about 10 days ago, and he seems to be doing fantastic (on the outside). His brother and littermater went in for his neuter yesterday and they have been kept separate (much to everyone's frustration- especially theirs since Rugar's surgery.) Colt, the alpha brother does tend to play to rough, he has given Rugar hot spots from skin punctures after "playing". I'm hoping this goes away now too with the neutering.

Anyway, just looking for any feedback to see if anyone has experienced this with their babies.

Thank you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg  
    Kelley J (Cypress, TX)
    Mom of Rugar and Colt

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Urethral Prolapse

What a beautiful pair of bully boys! I have no experience, sorry, but do send you lots of positive thoughts for a quick recovery!

The rough housing probably will not settle down anytime soon... 7 mths old, they have a LOT of smackdowns in their future to partake in before they are snuggle buddies
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Urethral Prolapse

There are a couple of people who have had this problem-but I can't remember who!
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post

Remove Ads