Kelley

Dec 22, 2014
Cypress, Texas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colt and Rugar
So one of our bullies (7 months old) was diagnosed with urethral prolapse. It was the most awful thing to have to experience, as he prolapsed twice. His vet had actually never seen one in "real life" , so imagine our concern when we had to take him back 2 days later...

Of all the conditions we were studied up on, this one caught us off guard. They ended up doing a small procedure while he was under for his neuter. That was about 10 days ago, and he seems to be doing fantastic (on the outside). His brother and littermater went in for his neuter yesterday and they have been kept separate (much to everyone's frustration- especially theirs since Rugar's surgery.) Colt, the alpha brother does tend to play to rough, he has given Rugar hot spots from skin punctures after "playing". I'm hoping this goes away now too with the neutering.

Anyway, just looking for any feedback to see if anyone has experienced this with their babies.

Thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 240

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a beautiful pair of bully boys! I have no experience, sorry, but do send you lots of positive thoughts for a quick recovery!

The rough housing probably will not settle down anytime soon... 7 mths old, they have a LOT of smackdowns in their future to partake in before they are snuggle buddies

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.