Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot figure out why my dog keeps dripping slobber all of a sudden. :(

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Snooki
    Likes (Received)

Default Cannot figure out why my dog keeps dripping slobber all of a sudden. :(

Has anyone had a problem with their bullie when all of a sudden the dog starts dripping saliva from the mouth out of the blue and non stop every about 5 seconds a drip comes out? What could be the issue you think? I have tried to look in her mouth and cannot see anything and she isnt hurting or acting funny either. She does keep chomping a little bit though like she has been eating something. This has gone on since last night and I have kept her in the kennel except to eat and go potty.

please help!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cannot figure out why my dog keeps dripping slobber all of a sudden. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Altman View Post
    Has anyone had a problem with their bullie when all of a sudden the dog starts dripping saliva from the mouth out of the blue and non stop every about 5 seconds a drip comes out? What could be the issue you think? I have tried to look in her mouth and cannot see anything and she isnt hurting or acting funny either. She does keep chomping a little bit though like she has been eating something. This has gone on since last night and I have kept her in the kennel except to eat and go potty.

please help!
    Hi Eric,

Try to really check her mouth the best you can. Run your fingers all through the gums & pockets to make sure there isn't anything in there, hair, fur, etc. Also, check her teeth... make sure nothing looks loose, cracked, etc. Finally check the top of her mouth and make sure nothing looks unusual. The roof of her mouth. How old is she???

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

3. Likes Manydogs, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cannot figure out why my dog keeps dripping slobber all of a sudden. :(

Jessica gave you great advice. I also notice the more mine drink or chew ice, the more they slobber. If Brutus is playing a lot, he will also have extra drool.
    My smooshy face boy!

5. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

I have had that happen with most of my dogs on occasion, and I don't really know what causes it. It usually stops after a while. I guess if it went on for a long time, I would check with the vet. One of my boxers did that once and he was chomping around, when I looked in his mouth, there was an ant attached to his inner lip. Maybe some other members know more. I've meant to ask my vet, but by the time I go, I've forgotten about it. It doesn't happen very often with my dogs.

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Snooki
    Likes (Received)

4 years old and this has never happened before. I will go and brush her teeth really fast and then go look inside.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Has your dog been exposed to any toxic plants/possibly eaten any? It could also be an indigestion problem, or as stated, a bad tooth/something caught in his mouth, Excessive salivation can cause dehydration,make sure he is drinking water. If it continues, I would have him checked out. The only time mine drool, is when I am fixing their dinner, or when they have gotten a drink. Sorry, I meant her,not his.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

9. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

agree with Jessica and Lynn --- check the entire mouth for something stuck in gum line or roof.... or could be an upset belly ?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Snooki
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    Has your dog been exposed to any toxic plants/possibly eaten any? It could also be an indigestion problem, or as stated, a bad tooth/something caught in his mouth, Excessive salivation can cause dehydration,make sure he is drinking water. If it continues, I would have him checked out. The only time mine drool, is when I am fixing their dinner, or when they have gotten a drink. Sorry, I meant her,not his.

no because its been raining like crazy and I brushed her teeth and checked all of that & still is doing it. I went all up in her mouth too so I have no clue. Will be 24 hours of non stop at 7pm.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Well, if it was me, not finding anything-I would try giving a pepcid or generic,to see if it helps,and I would be calling the Veterinarian. She could have a salivery (sp?) cyst,or tumor, or hopefully something simple that has not been thought of.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

13. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

I think I would take her to the vet too. 24 hours is a long time. Let us know what it is!

Bulldog Vet in Training Christie H's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
    Likes (Received)

Ours do this usually when they can't wait for a treat.lol But they've also done this when they've eaten something they shouldn't have.Also before puking...

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member jenzaar's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winslow
    Likes (Received)

Winslow has been a little sick and i have noticed a lot more drooling than usual.
    I mentioned it to the vet and she said nausea will do that.. Sorry to be gross but think about before you puke, normally we salivate a lot too.
    Pee and poops are normal? I would also make a call. Hope everything is okay.

17. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads