Thread: Has anyone seen this before????

Potty Trainer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boss
    Likes (Received)

Default Has anyone seen this before????

Hey everyone! You all have been so amazing anytime I've needed help with boss! I just had him at the vet because his ears were infected and also because he was taken to the dog park... Got covered in mud and had a bath when he got home and the next morning woke up with a rash on him. He was given a medicated ear wash and ointment for his ears.... Also was give an intibiotic which he is still currently taking. They said the rash was an allergy and the ears were yeast and bacteria. The rash seemed to clear up but then today (only 6 days after his vet visit) there was this on him stomach. He has been vaccinated for almost everything under the sun and is also on monthly flea and tick medsa and had a 6 month heartworm injection. Has anyone seen this?!?!? I'm starting to really worry I don't like the bright red circle and this does not look like any of the other spots

-image-jpg-image-jpg

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Has anyone seen this before????

Yes. Both mine get the exact same looking thing when they get bit by insects. It goes away in a few days.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goob
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tara Lewerth View Post
    Hey everyone! You all have been so amazing anytime I've needed help with boss! I just had him at the vet because his ears were infected and also because he was taken to the dog park... Got covered in mud and had a bath when he got home and the next morning woke up with a rash on him. He was given a medicated ear wash and ointment for his ears.... Also was give an intibiotic which he is still currently taking. They said the rash was an allergy and the ears were yeast and bacteria. The rash seemed to clear up but then today (only 6 days after his vet visit) there was this on him stomach. He has been vaccinated for almost everything under the sun and is also on monthly flea and tick medsa and had a 6 month heartworm injection. Has anyone seen this?!?!? I'm starting to really worry I don't like the bright red circle and this does not look like any of the other spots

-image-jpg-image-jpg
    Could it be ringworm?
    The righteous care for the needs of their animals,
    but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel.

Real Name
    Jenny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Farley Foo (8 1/2 yrs old) RIP My precious FarlyFoo 7/24/2017
    Likes (Received)

It looks like it could be ringworm to me to.
    " Forever in our hearts Farley Foo. 7/24/2017"

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

got any anti-fungals on hand to start topical treatment if it is ringworm? douxo, canesta...

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boss
    Likes (Received)

What would be an anti fungal that I could maybe look for at home? What does ringworm actually mean to a dog? Is it fatal?

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goob
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

What would be an anti fungal that I could maybe look for at home? What does ringworm actually mean to a dog? Is it fatal?
    Signs of Ringworm in Dogs | VCA Animal Hospitals

It's a fungus on the skin from what I know IF it is ringworm. I think a vet visit might be in order to get some sort of topical cream or shampoo. They will do a skin scraping to see what it is for sure. No not fatal but it can spread from what I read.

Sentry Anti-Bacterial Wound Cream for Dogs at PETCO We keep this on hand for Goob but I don't know if it is strong enough to kill ringworm it SAYS it is but a vet will tell you for sure

FYI: I have never personally dealt with ringworm on dogs so someone else more knowledgeable than me might offer better info IF that's what it is.
    The righteous care for the needs of their animals,
    but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Definitely looks like ringworm, this will require vet treatment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Ringworm is a fungus(the "man" thing called jock itch,is the same thing) I know for a fact that NuStock will get rid of ringworm,I know you all probably get tired of hearing the name, but it works for alot of things.I have used it for decades! Even told Fred Flintstone about it!!!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

10. Likes 2BullyMama, TyTysmom, bullmama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

-image-jpg-image-jpg

How is this doing? Still there? Did you go to the vet and is it ringworm?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boss
    Likes (Received)

The for one starts diapering but I just found a second one on is neck... Going to take him
    Back to the vet today if I can get In...thanks for everyone help

13. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi, I was also going to suggest it may be Ringworm. It is treatable and not fatal, but it is very contagious and can be passed to humans. The vet will be able to diagnose this and give you a cream or medication to clear it up. I stopped going to leash free parks because people don't clean up after their dogs and my guys would come home with poop on them and I would have to bath them, which got me to thinking not all, people vaccinate their dogs regularly and there can be many viruses, parasites and fleas and ticks in the park that your dog can pick up. Also every time I went I ended up having to leash my dog because all the intact males would hump Blossom or attack my Bulldozer. There are a lot of good dog owners out there, but the ones who bring aggressive dogs or unsocialized dogs make it a bad experience for the ones who are responsible owners. So I just stopped going.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads