Help Needed! Has anyone seen this before????

Tara Lewerth

Mar 11, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boss
Hey everyone! You all have been so amazing anytime I've needed help with boss! I just had him at the vet because his ears were infected and also because he was taken to the dog park... Got covered in mud and had a bath when he got home and the next morning woke up with a rash on him. He was given a medicated ear wash and ointment for his ears.... Also was give an intibiotic which he is still currently taking. They said the rash was an allergy and the ears were yeast and bacteria. The rash seemed to clear up but then today (only 6 days after his vet visit) there was this on him stomach. He has been vaccinated for almost everything under the sun and is also on monthly flea and tick medsa and had a 6 month heartworm injection. Has anyone seen this?!?!? I'm starting to really worry I don't like the bright red circle and this does not look like any of the other spots

image.jpgimage.jpg

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Yes. Both mine get the exact same looking thing when they get bit by insects. It goes away in a few days.

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Hey everyone! You all have been so amazing anytime I've needed help with boss! I just had him at the vet because his ears were infected and also because he was taken to the dog park... Got covered in mud and had a bath when he got home and the next morning woke up with a rash on him. He was given a medicated ear wash and ointment for his ears.... Also was give an intibiotic which he is still currently taking. They said the rash was an allergy and the ears were yeast and bacteria. The rash seemed to clear up but then today (only 6 days after his vet visit) there was this on him stomach. He has been vaccinated for almost everything under the sun and is also on monthly flea and tick medsa and had a 6 month heartworm injection. Has anyone seen this?!?!? I'm starting to really worry I don't like the bright red circle and this does not look like any of the other spots

View attachment 88811View attachment 88811

Could it be ringworm?

JennyBean

Nov 21, 2014
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Farley Foo (8 1/2 yrs old) RIP My precious FarlyFoo 7/24/2017
It looks like it could be ringworm to me to.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
got any anti-fungals on hand to start topical treatment if it is ringworm? douxo, canesta...

OP
T

Tara Lewerth

Mar 11, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boss
What would be an anti fungal that I could maybe look for at home? What does ringworm actually mean to a dog? Is it fatal?

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
What would be an anti fungal that I could maybe look for at home? What does ringworm actually mean to a dog? Is it fatal?

Signs of Ringworm in Dogs | VCA Animal Hospitals

It's a fungus on the skin from what I know IF it is ringworm. I think a vet visit might be in order to get some sort of topical cream or shampoo. They will do a skin scraping to see what it is for sure. No not fatal but it can spread from what I read.

Sentry Anti-Bacterial Wound Cream for Dogs at PETCO We keep this on hand for Goob but I don't know if it is strong enough to kill ringworm it SAYS it is but a vet will tell you for sure

FYI: I have never personally dealt with ringworm on dogs so someone else more knowledgeable than me might offer better info IF that's what it is.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Definitely looks like ringworm, this will require vet treatment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Ringworm is a fungus(the "man" thing called jock itch,is the same thing) I know for a fact that NuStock will get rid of ringworm,I know you all probably get tired of hearing the name, but it works for alot of things.I have used it for decades! Even told Fred Flintstone about it!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

View attachment 88811View attachment 88811

How is this doing? Still there? Did you go to the vet and is it ringworm?

OP
T

Tara Lewerth

Mar 11, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boss
The for one starts diapering but I just found a second one on is neck... Going to take him
Back to the vet today if I can get In...thanks for everyone help

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I was also going to suggest it may be Ringworm. It is treatable and not fatal, but it is very contagious and can be passed to humans. The vet will be able to diagnose this and give you a cream or medication to clear it up. I stopped going to leash free parks because people don't clean up after their dogs and my guys would come home with poop on them and I would have to bath them, which got me to thinking not all, people vaccinate their dogs regularly and there can be many viruses, parasites and fleas and ticks in the park that your dog can pick up. Also every time I went I ended up having to leash my dog because all the intact males would hump Blossom or attack my Bulldozer. There are a lot of good dog owners out there, but the ones who bring aggressive dogs or unsocialized dogs make it a bad experience for the ones who are responsible owners. So I just stopped going.

TashaT

Jul 10, 2015
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
My dog gets these all the time... I think its just skin irritations.. Bulldogs are known for skin allergies.

Bambi

May 24, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Odin
Odin gets this exact mark when bitten by certain bugs (horse flies for sure) we were scared it was a tick bite because of the "bullseye" but the vet assured us lots of dogs get this rash from bites, we put some tea tree oil ointment on it and one or two days later it cleared up.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.