We started Adequan...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ugh. Let's just say they were not as friendly & pleasant vs Novaris. She seemed very rushed & kinda annoyed that I was asking questions. All she kept saying is I had to show vet proof of positive listeria test & they would pay the vet bill.
Thing is I don't think my vet tested for listeria - I need to confirm, but the question I kept asking was the fact they diagnosed him with GI upset, food poisoning - I mean hello!? Anyway she said she was going to ask someone above her & someone would call me back. I continued to ask if they had any reports of sickness from the surf & turf since that's what he ate. She never answered, just rushed me off the phone by telling me they have high call volume. So as for me; "good ridings Stella & Chewys"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, customer service does not seem to be a strong suit for S&C :no: How is the boy today?

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Pretty sure the high call volume is due to the recall.
Such a shame too because they really do have a wonderful product. But yeah, they need to get rid of that woman (i think we got the same witch). She's in the wrong profession, no people skills at all.

How's Ty doing today? Did you take off the cerenia?

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I've been offline since the 4th, pretty much.

Praying TyTy is well and recovering now, Cami
& I send love & prayers over all of y'all.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Well, customer service does not seem to be a strong suit for S&C :no: How is the boy today?

He is doing well! Seems to be feeling better :) The boy never looses his appetite, I'll tell you that! Hah.

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence does it? So they have a high call volume, that is telling in of itself. I hope you aren't holding your breath for the call back!

I am glad to hear TyTy is still doing well.

Heck no, but guess what - I WILL call them back, and keep pushing to see if they will cover the bill. I don't have an issue with the money, but still if they were the cause, I want my $500 back!

Pretty sure the high call volume is due to the recall.
Such a shame too because they really do have a wonderful product. But yeah, they need to get rid of that woman (i think we got the same witch). She's in the wrong profession, no people skills at all.

How's Ty doing today? Did you take off the cerenia?

Hey, he's coming around. I gave him another dose of cerenia yesterday (per vet's order) - he would technically be due today at 3pm, but I'm not going to give it to him, and see what happens {scared} - he still has to finish his antibiotics. Good God I pray he doesn't vomit after no cerenia.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] How is Tyson doing today? Doing :pray2:Well, I sure hope...............

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] How is Tyson doing today? Doing :pray2:Well, I sure hope...............

He's doing good! Thanks for checking on us! He's not on the cerenia anymore & hasn't vomited :) yes!! He's gotta finish up his antibiotics - hope we're past it!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I've been super busy the last couple of days, but I wanted to check in w/you… I'm glad to hear that Tyson is doing better. Do you think it was the food and not the Adequan now?!!

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I've been super busy the last couple of days, but I wanted to check in w/you… I'm glad to hear that Tyson is doing better. Do you think it was the food and not the Adequan now?!!

Hey Tracey, yea we're thinking its the food. We're moving forward with his 2nd Adequan injection on Tuesday, so we shall see. Also we started to transition back to Fromms last night.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Checking in on y'all...

Hey Carol, we're doing good thank God :) I think we may be passed it, he still has I think one more day of antibiotics he has to finish out.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hey Tracey, yea we're thinking its the food. We're moving forward with his 2nd Adequan injection on Tuesday, so we shall see. Also we started to transition back to Fromms last night.

God I am so sorry… It's frustrating when you are trying to do the best for your pets and then something like this happens. You know Roxie has a mild case of colitis when we had her on raw, even though I didn't even know it. I hope Tyson feels better soon, and let us know how the injection goes today.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
God I am so sorry… It's frustrating when you are trying to do the best for your pets and then something like this happens. You know Roxie has a mild case of colitis when we had her on raw, even though I didn't even know it. I hope Tyson feels better soon, and let us know how the injection goes today.

You hit the nail on the head. I was just telling myself that this weekend as we were picking up Fromms - I said, you know we went raw for the amazing benefits - no matter the price, etc - it was what was best for him and he did so well on it, but honestly seeing him that sick - just scares me :( I mean, boy was vomiting like projectile vomit, and he couldn't even get up fast up before it would come up. So for now, I guess we will go back to kibble for a bit. I'm still frustrated because he has diarrhea, I know its from the meds, and the slow transition back to kibble, but ugh.

Our next injection is tomorrow for Adequan.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Fingers crossed that everything goes well tomorrow and that he will soon be back to his old self!

Most Reactions