TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Oh Jessica, I'm just now reading this…

I'm so sorry honey, poor baby boy… I heard about the recall when I was on vacation. Roxie NEVER threw up because of the Adequan injections, but I know that you said it was listed as a side effect. Did they say what to do if it was the food?!! Gosh what horrible timing for you. I'm sending you lots of prayers, please keep us posted. Hopefully he will start feeling better soon!!!

Well, they are totally against raw and for this exact reason (listeria, bacteria, etc) she wants him back on kibble. I don't know what we're gonna do. He did so well on the raw, but now this & the fact that I can't pinpoint the exact culprit freakin sucks!

I'm torn. Tomorrow I will be calling Novaris (Adequan makers) and Stella & Chewys. Danny thinks we should transition him back to kibble & continue the Adequan.

I'm just a mess. Lol I can't make a decision. I'm terrified it will happen again on next injection but then again what if it was the food!? Ughhh. The whole reason we decided to do the Adequan was Bc of minimal side effects! Look at me now! I have to laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I'm so sorry, poor boy. Let's hope he has a good night and is feeling much better in the morning. You too! Hang in there.

Thanks so Much. He ate his boiled chicken & rice like a champ, and we gave him his antibiotic. He was hungry!!! And he's been drinking a good amount of water. I know he had to have been dehydrated from vomiting all day :(

Prayers that he keeps it down; and feels better tomorrow. I know when I had food poisoning I could have sworn I was dying inside. It's the most horrible feeling & painful - cramps, nausea, vomit, diarrhea, dizziness, chills. My poor guy :/

Side note: since we were walk in, and our usual vet had left we saw a new one - she's new to Brittmore. She was very thorough & I was pretty pleased with her. We've seen pretty much most their staff! But Dr. Chellappan is our reg.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
How is our boy doing this morning? I do hope he had a good night.

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
sending good thoughts to mr. tyson. you were such a great help when frank went through his ordeal, I know it's so much harder when it's your own baby. Hope he's doing better today <3

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
IMO I would treat this as the food… you mentioned that his stomach seemed unsettled the night before. I think you should give the Adequan another try and see what happens…

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hey guys - Tyson had a good night. No vomiting!!! He ate his breakfast took his meds, so far we are okay :) I just got off the phone with the manufacturers of Adequan, their vet spent an hour on the phone with me. I was very impressed [MENTION=7457]nycbullymama[/MENTION] - everything was documented and report goes to the FDA, but based on their reports - the food is def looking like the culprit.

So she said that their reports of vomiting usually occur same day either mins after injections or just a while after. Also, the vomiting usually occurs once & not repeatedly. Still they can't say yes/no of course but they provided a lot of info.

Thanks guys for checking up on us! He's still a bit groggy but could be the antibiotics. Doc said to continue the cerenia for one more day. Praying we keep on this good path.

Now I'm calling Stella & Chewys!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Hey guys - Tyson had a good night. No vomiting!!! He ate his breakfast took his meds, so far we are okay :) I just got off the phone with the manufacturers of Adequan, their vet spent an hour on the phone with me. I was very impressed @nycbullymama - everything was documented and report goes to the FDA, but based on their reports - the food is def looking like the culprit.

So she said that their reports of vomiting usually occur same day either mins after injections or just a while after. Also, the vomiting usually occurs once & not repeatedly. Still they can't say yes/no of course but they provided a lot of info.

Thanks guys for checking up on us! He's still a bit groggy but could be the antibiotics. Doc said to continue the cerenia for one more day. Praying we keep on this good path.

Good. Glad to hear he's feeling better and I can tell you are too.

Let us know what Stella and Chewy's says. I once contacted them and the lady I got on the phone grated on my nerves so bad, she almost turned me off from the product. I hope you don't get her.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
So glad Ty's doing better. Don't know how I'm just now seeing this post?! It sounds like it isn't the shot--that's good news! Hope he continues to feel good.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey guys - Tyson had a good night. No vomiting!!! He ate his breakfast took his meds, so far we are okay :) I just got off the phone with the manufacturers of Adequan, their vet spent an hour on the phone with me. I was very impressed @nycbullymama - everything was documented and report goes to the FDA, but based on their reports - the food is def looking like the culprit.

So glad he is doing better and you are getting things figured out. sorry I am so late -- the house-full of people left last night and I was in meetings all day.

Neither Banks or Nitschke had any issues with their shots.... Nitshcke was on it for over a year and Banks just a few months, but no vomitting or other side effects at all

Is he still doing good?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm glad that he's doing better… keep us posted on the food situation.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
So glad he is doing better and you are getting things figured out. sorry I am so late -- the house-full of people left last night and I was in meetings all day.

Neither Banks or Nitschke had any issues with their shots.... Nitshcke was on it for over a year and Banks just a few months, but no vomitting or other side effects at all

Is he still doing good?

Yes! So far all is still good. We're giving him small bland meals - I feel good that he hasn't vomited anymore. Thank goodness.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Good. Glad to hear he's feeling better and I can tell you are too.

Let us know what Stella and Chewy's says. I once contacted them and the lady I got on the phone grated on my nerves so bad, she almost turned me off from the product. I hope you don't get her.

Ugh. Let's just say they were not as friendly & pleasant vs Novaris. She seemed very rushed & kinda annoyed that I was asking questions. All she kept saying is I had to show vet proof of positive listeria test & they would pay the vet bill.
Thing is I don't think my vet tested for listeria - I need to confirm, but the question I kept asking was the fact they diagnosed him with GI upset, food poisoning - I mean hello!? Anyway she said she was going to ask someone above her & someone would call me back. I continued to ask if they had any reports of sickness from the surf & turf since that's what he ate. She never answered, just rushed me off the phone by telling me they have high call volume. So as for me; "good ridings Stella & Chewys"

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Doesn't exactly inspire confidence does it? So they have a high call volume, that is telling in of itself. I hope you aren't holding your breath for the call back!

I am glad to hear TyTy is still doing well.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.