We started Adequan...

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Oh no.. you guys are in my prayers and thoughts.
Please update as soon as you can.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I'm sure everything will be OK but poor baby. The vets there are the best and I know they will take good care of him.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Sending positive and healing thoughts your way....

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I still think it has something to do with the injection...I pray he's ok.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I'm a little nervous. It's been awhile and no update.. @TyTysmom

@dolphin I think so too. It's the only thing that makes any sense..

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I'm a little nervous. It's been awhile and no update.. @TyTysmom

@dolphin I think so too. It's the only thing that makes any sense..

Hey. Sorry we just got home a bit ago & I needed to calm myself down - I suffer from anxiety, mostly related to him.

We were there for nearly 3 hours. They did fecal, blood strip for pancreatitis, X-rays & full exam. Everything came back normal, they were pending the fecal results & said they'd call me...They swear it's not the injection rather a severe GI upset. Sort of like a form of food poisoning. They injected him with cerenia, said bland diet for 72
Hours & prescribed Metronidazole. She said he if continues to throw up, even with the cerenia we need to bring him back tomorrow.

So now I am so confused. Could the Stella & Chewys caused this? The bag we had just opened and fed him 1-2 patties of was on the voluntary recall list. She urged us to go back to kibble.

We went raw for the health benefits, and he did so well on it, but now this scare. And the fact that this all happened day after the Adequan scares me too. They swear it's not the Adequan, so what do I now in regards to that? Stop the injections or keep going? My head hurts - my emotions are shot only Bc I have dreaded flashbacks to the last time.

So far he's just resting, but he looks so sad & it tears me up. I pray he doesn't vomit anymore. Sorry for long post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Don't be sorry, breathe. I completely forgot about that recall, maybe it is bad food. I just thank G it's nothing else, you're a great mom to do what you did and I'm sure he'll start feeling better.

Thank you for replying. Hang in there both of you.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
It's good that everything came back normal, that's a positive sign.
Also, since you're going to do bland anyway, maybe slowly switch back to a good kibble or go with a different raw for now. Get rid of that bag.

I was just on Novartis' site reading about Adequan and it does list vomiting as a possible side effect;
"Possible side effects (pain at injection site, vomiting, diarrhea, depression and abnormal bleeding) were mild, transient and self-limiting." Hopefully that's all it is.

But you can always call Novartis (I used to work with them and they have very good reps.) and they can give you more info. on the side effects.
Directly off their site, to report suspected adverse effects, contact Novartis Animal health at : 800-637-0281. I would call them.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
It's good that everything came back normal, that's a positive sign.
Also, since you're going to do bland anyway, maybe slowly switch back to a good kibble or go with a different raw for now. Get rid of that bag.

I was just on Novartis' site reading about Adequan and it does list vomiting as a possible side effect;
"Possible side effects (pain at injection site, vomiting, diarrhea, depression and abnormal bleeding) were mild, transient and self-limiting." Hopefully that's all it is.

But you can always call Novartis (I used to work with them and they have very good reps.) and they can give you more info. on the side effects.
Directly off their site, to report suspected adverse effects, contact Novartis Animal health at : 800-637-0281. I would call them.

What do I tell/ask them? What are you gonna do with your boys & the S&C? I wanted to call them too...?
Gosh I'm so torn on what to do with the injections & food. Ugh

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Don't be sorry, breathe. I completely forgot about that recall, maybe it is bad food. I just thank G it's nothing else, you're a great mom to do what you did and I'm sure he'll start feeling better.

Thank you for replying. Hang in there both of you.

Thanks Phil, I'm trying. Just frustrated & confused.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
What do I tell/ask them? What are you gonna do with your boys & the S&C? I wanted to call them too...?
Gosh I'm so torn on what to do with the injections & food. Ugh

They're on kibble right now (Canidae Grain Free Pure Sea). I needed to get something decent locally (well upstate) and I like Canidae. The timing couldn't have been worse for us considering we had to leave a few hours after I found out.
I'm gonna wait for a little while with S&C and then decide. It's their first ever recall but still upsetting.

I would call Novartis and tell them exactly what's going on, what your vet said, and get their opinion on whether or not it's a possible side effect. The timing just screams that it's the Adequan.

But between the Cerenia shot and the Metronidazole he should be feeling much better. The metronidazole works very fast.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh Jessica, I'm just now reading this…

I'm so sorry honey, poor baby boy… I heard about the recall when I was on vacation. Roxie NEVER threw up because of the Adequan injections, but I know that you said it was listed as a side effect. Did they say what to do if it was the food?!! Gosh what horrible timing for you. I'm sending you lots of prayers, please keep us posted. Hopefully he will start feeling better soon!!!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I'm so sorry, poor boy. Let's hope he has a good night and is feeling much better in the morning. You too! Hang in there.

JennyBean

Nov 21, 2014
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Farley Foo (8 1/2 yrs old) RIP My precious FarlyFoo 7/24/2017
I haven't been online in a while and just saw this about TyTy!

We are praying for your little boy! Hope he starts feeling better and you can find out what is causing the vomiting. :pray:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.