We started Adequan...

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
So Tyson got his first Adequan injection yesterday at noon. All went great, no issues. He had dinner no problems. Then this morning about 30 mins after eating his breakfast - he threw it all up. Lovely.

Please tell me why I feel guilty? Also, yes I do know vomiting is a side effect, I was just being wishful and hoping he would be one to not have any side effects since everything I read said they were so minimal. I'm trying to not worry. I could tell his belly hurt last night, he couldn't really settle down. :( Anyway... I left a message for the vet, just because I worry too much. {insert guilt here}

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Don't feel guilty- what you did is what all of us would have done. The injections are gonna help him. Hopefully he'll feel better in a bit.

Let us know what the vet says. Maybe it's just a matter of him getting used to the shot...

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Don't feel guilty- what you did is what all of us would have done. The injections are gonna help him. Hopefully he'll feel better in a bit.

Let us know what the vet says. Maybe it's just a matter of him getting used to the shot...

I thought the same, maybe as he gets them his body will tolerate them better? IDK. I'm waiting for a call back from vet, I'm sure her exact words will be "this is a normal side effect, just keep an eye on him" - LOL.... but still... everything went so well yesterday I was really excited. I hate seeing him not feel well. Danny who claims it's no big deal, cancelled his appointments this morning to go back home and be with him.... mmm hmmm..... someone's a little spoiled. But in all honestly I feel so much better knowing he's home with him. He said so far he's just been sleeping. His next injection is on Tuesday (next week)

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I thought the same, maybe as he gets them his body will tolerate them better? IDK. I'm waiting for a call back from vet, I'm sure her exact words will be "this is a normal side effect, just keep an eye on him" - LOL.... but still... everything went so well yesterday I was really excited. I hate seeing him not feel well. Danny who claims it's no big deal, cancelled his appointments this morning to go back home and be with him.... mmm hmmm..... someone's a little spoiled. But in all honestly I feel so much better knowing he's home with him. He said so far he's just been sleeping. His next injection is on Tuesday (next week)

lol.. Your vet sounds like mine, and Danny sounds like Chris.

If it's a common side effect try not to worry too much (easier said than done, i know). Maybe have Danny give him a small meal after you talk with your vet?

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
lol.. Your vet sounds like mine, and Danny sounds like Chris.

If it's a common side effect try not to worry too much (easier said than done, i know). Maybe have Danny give him a small meal after you talk with your vet?

Yep, isn't that funny how they try to play it off and act like its no big, and then turn into mush. LOL I try to not say anything to him, but inside I'm kinda smiling bc I'm like "all manly & macho - yet look at him react to him being sick" .... hee hee.

Yes, I was planning just that (we think too much alike Ellie!) I wanted to wait and see what she said then maybe offer him a small snack. I wish she would call already! :tapfoot:

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Make that 2 - text from hubs that he just vomited again :cry:

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Has your vet called yet?

She just called me back - she said its very unlikely its from the injection. She actually thinks in from the applesauce (?) really? True, I have never given him applesauce before but really? So she suggested giving him a cerenia, which we have at home, she said if he vomits that as well then we need to bring him in today for an injection and exam. Danny just gave him the cerenia, now we wait. He did drink water, but did not want to go on a walk.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
She just called me back - she said its very unlikely its from the injection. She actually thinks in from the applesauce (?) really? True, I have never given him applesauce before but really? So she suggested giving him a cerenia, which we have at home, she said if he vomits that as well then we need to bring him in today for an injection and exam. Danny just gave him the cerenia, now we wait. He did drink water, but did not want to go on a walk.

Applesauce? Now that's weird. I would think he would have thrown up way sooner than he did if that's what it was from.. so strange.

I know I mentioned this before, but Earths Best baby food (the stage II) was what we were giving Blue when he got his shots. We learned the trick from our first vet. That's what she gave the dogs when it was time for shots. Never had a problem with that brand. But still.. APPLESAUCE?? wow..

Poor little guy.. fingers crossed he won't throw up again..

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION]

Jessica, next time he goes for the shot- you can just mash up a banana and put it into one of those small jars. It'll work the same way and you know he doesn't react to bananas.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
@TyTysmom

Jessica, next time he goes for the shot- you can just mash up a banana and put it into one of those small jars. It'll work the same way and you know he doesn't react to bananas.

Yeah. I will do that. It just really shocks me applesauce? I got the all organic, free, no sweet, etc. It only had apples & water.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.