nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Over the weekend, Wellie spent a lot of time playing with the hose. He likes Chris to move it around and he pounces on it.
Anyway, he got his entire face drenched, nose rope included and of course now we have yeast.

I've been using TrizChlor 4 wipes because he absolutely hates mal-a-ket and douxo. Well, he hates Trizchlor too.
Can anyone recommend something that has yeast killing properties but doesn't stink?

He spent the last hour rubbing his face on the rug, and now his chin is all red and irritated. I need to switch products.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Have you tried witch hazel? Tyson generally has no problem with it. I know that ACV diluted would work too, but that stinks - for sure.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Have you tried witch hazel? Tyson generally has no problem with it. I know that ACV diluted would work too, but that stinks - for sure.

hiya - I don't think witch hazel kills yeast. At least it hasn't worked for me in the past. But I am going to use it for maintenance this summer. Like after playing with the hose, I'll be using it to help dry his folds so this won't happen again.

Oh Jessica- I smashed up a couple of bananas, poured water over them and froze them. Boys love it and it has much less calories and fat than the yogurt, pb and banana recipe. I need them to lose a couple of pounds each so this is a low fat alternative..lol..

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
hiya - I don't think witch hazel kills yeast. At least it hasn't worked for me in the past. But I am going to use it for maintenance this summer. Like after playing with the hose, I'll be using it to help dry his folds so this won't happen again.

Oh Jessica- I smashed up a couple of bananas, poured water over them and froze them. Boys love it and it has much less calories and fat than the yogurt, pb and banana recipe. I need them to lose a couple of pounds each so this is a low fat alternative..lol..

:) It does!! Look:
[FONT=arial !important]It is this quality of witch hazel that makes the herb useful in the treatment of yeast infection. The herb gets rid of the infection causing yeast. The herbal properties of witch hazel help restore the disturbed –pH balance by removing the excessive yeast. Use organic witch hazel in the treatment of yeast infection. It is this quality of witch hazel that makes the herb useful in the treatment of yeast infection.

Oh yeay! You know I made 8 of those cubes, he's only had 2 - I try to use them just as high value treat - :) But water + bananas is a win win - bc Tyson loves to eat ice chips too. Hee hee :) [/FONT]

[FONT=arial !important]
[/FONT]

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
:) It does!! Look:
[FONT=arial !important]It is this quality of witch hazel that makes the herb useful in the treatment of yeast infection. The herb gets rid of the infection causing yeast. The herbal properties of witch hazel help restore the disturbed –pH balance by removing the excessive yeast. Use organic witch hazel in the treatment of yeast infection. It is this quality of witch hazel that makes the herb useful in the treatment of yeast infection.

Oh yeay! You know I made 8 of those cubes, he's only had 2 - I try to use them just as high value treat - :) But water + bananas is a win win - bc Tyson loves to eat ice chips too. Hee hee :) [/FONT]

[FONT=arial !important]
[/FONT]

Is there a specific brand I should use?

He'll love the frozen water and banana mush..lol.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Is there a specific brand I should use?

He'll love the frozen water and banana mush..lol.

We use this one:

Amazon.com : T.N. Dickinson's Astringent, 100% Natural, Witch Hazel 16 fl oz (473 ml) : Beauty

Mush, haha love it! We go today for his first adequan injection - I'm a nervous wreck bc that's just me naturally. But I brought him some apple sauce bc I remembered you telling me that Blue would stick his face in the baby food, and not even feel the injection! Where did they give it to blue? In between shoulder blades? Or right into leg muscle?

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
We use this one:

Amazon.com : T.N. Dickinson's Astringent, 100% Natural, Witch Hazel 16 fl oz (473 ml) : Beauty

Mush, haha love it! We go today for his first adequan injection - I'm a nervous wreck bc that's just me naturally. But I brought him some apple sauce bc I remembered you telling me that Blue would stick his face in the baby food, and not even feel the injection! Where did they give it to blue? In between shoulder blades? Or right into leg muscle?

They were his vaccines and from what I remember, in the flank area. I hope it works for Tyson too.

We used Earths Best organic baby food (stage II). He couldn't get enough of it.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I actually have that witch hazel. I got it just before I got Blue. You guys think it's still good 2.5 years later, or should I order a new bottle? [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I actually have that witch hazel. I got it just before I got Blue. You guys think it's still good 2.5 years later, or should I order a new bottle? @2BullyMama @TyTysmom

I'm thinking it should be fine, but at 4$ a bottle should not hurt to just buy a new one

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I'm thinking it should be fine, but at 4$ a bottle should not hurt to just buy a new one

oh no.. i'm not being cheap. it's just that i would order it from amazon and it's gonna take a few days to get here. was hoping to use it sooner..lol..

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I actually have that witch hazel. I got it just before I got Blue. You guys think it's still good 2.5 years later, or should I order a new bottle? [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION]

Oh yeah it's fine!!! Use it girl :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.