Gina391

Jul 4, 2015
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
mack ella
My Ella has flank alopecia and it's spreading upwards toward her spine. The skin on her flanks was black, but is now starting to lighten up. In some areas it looks like pink skin showing through. Has anyone who's bully had alopecia skin turn more pink, then have the hair grow back? I'm thinking that maybe her skin becoming less black is a good thing?????? Thanks for any info.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Bulldogs are the first breed that I have had that got Alopecia. The first one of mine that got it was my frenchiex her skin turned black, she lost hair on both sides.I put NuStock on her sides, and her hair grew back and skin color went back to normal. Second one, her skin turned black,she lost hair on both sides,hair grew back on one side,not the other. Never did grow back-and skin stayed black. Melatonin did not help hair grow back. Then I started giving melatonin all winter(put it in their nightime snack) Third one, her skin turned back on both sides-no hair loss,and skin eventually went back to normal color. I have not seen melatonin grow hair back-but seems to prevent hair loss,when given all winter. Nu Stock will help hair grow back, but if I put it on one-the others lick it off! Therefore I can't do it. So Maude needs a side toupee :yes:@Gina391 DSCF5400.JPGYou can see the black skin on her side. the one standing went back to "normal".

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.