Is this heat rash?

Brucey Baby

May 19, 2015
England
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
Hi all. The weather here has been red hot, about 28 to 30 and this rash has appeared on Bruce and wondered if its a heat rash. He's been indoors in the day chilling on the tiled floor in the kitchen but when he's been out to the toilet he's laid on his belly on the grass. Hope someone can help, thanks

Attachments

• IMG-20150703-WA0027.jpg
    IMG-20150703-WA0027.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 401

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
It might be allergies to something outside. The white parts on Tucker turn pink like that when his allergies seem to be flaring up. I give him a children's Benadryl if it seems to bother him.

OP
Brucey Baby

Brucey Baby

May 19, 2015
England
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
We have just changed food so could be that then, ill keep an eye on it, thanks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We have just changed food so could be that then, ill keep an eye on it, thanks

you can wipe him with a cool wash towel when you come in to see if it helps clear/prevent it form happening. If just the belly, I would say it is a grass allergy, anywhere else and it could be the food

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Don't know if you have poison ivy there, but my dogs have gotten it-there is so much here. It would be itchy if it was.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would say an allergy to the grass.

OP
Brucey Baby

Brucey Baby

May 19, 2015
England
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
Thanks for your replies. Its not been there today so hopefully it's gone. He didnt show any signs of being uncomfortable, the grass had been cut on Tuesday which I noticed it either Tuesday or Wednesday so might of had somthing to do with it. Thanks again

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
Hi all. The weather here has been red hot, about 28 to 30 and this rash has appeared on Bruce and wondered if its a heat rash. He's been indoors in the day chilling on the tiled floor in the kitchen but when he's been out to the toilet he's laid on his belly on the grass. Hope someone can help, thanks
Hi..ours have something like this at times and my vet says she thinks its a Bermuda grass allergy. It comes and goes.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.