General Question Finding a good English Bulldog surgeon in my area?

Baxter Tiberius

Apr 16, 2015
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
baxter
Hi all -

I know there is a bulldog vet listing online on a few sites, but I was curious how you might go about finding a surgeon that you trust to do surgeries on an english bulldog?

Or is it really moreso about finding a pet hospital with a good reputation in general?

I suppose the anesthesia issue is the main concern. I usually tell them that baxter has sleep apnea and stops breathing when he's *not* on anesthesia, so they need to really watch his breathing through the night during/after surgery. This just makes me feel more at ease that someone is paying attention. My little trick. Feel free to steal it :)

Baxter is finally getting neutered soon, and I was wondering if anyone had tips on finding a good english bulldog surgeon in San Diego CA area.

I used the English Bulldog vet list when we were in Miami and actually ended up with some somewhat incompetent vets. Had better luck at the more expensive/reputable local pet hospital that didnt necessarily specialize in English Bulldogs. In the end I guess its moreso about education and competence than "We see lots of english bulldogs".

-B-

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
not sure about San Diego. Not sure which part of San Diego but if you are in North County, you can go to Dr. Butchko all the way in Riverside.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
In San Diego... Contact So Cal Bulldog Rescue--- they would have good reference list to choose from

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
In San Diego... Contact So Cal Bulldog Rescue--- they would have good reference list to choose from
Wonderful advice! Rescues tend to deal with a lot of sick bulldogs so they've seen lots of vets and usually know who's the BEST! That's how I ended up with our great dermatologist!

Most Reactions