bag balm

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
do you use this?

i think it's great! i put it on my lab's pressure points where he lays that become callused and it softens it up rather quickly (as in a day or two). i mention it here as i am sitting here in bed on my laptop and Bullet is snoozing in the middle of the bed up against my side with his feet up in the air. lol his pads are seriously dry and cracked which i think is weird since he is only 9mo. i applied some bag balm on them and he didn't flinch other than to sniff the tin it's in. :whew: hoping it softens them up some.

OP
Momma2Bullet

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
it does have a greasy feel but not as soft/wet as vasaline (if that makes sense). it does absorb in quite well but i wouldn't bother putting it on his pads if he was up walking around. i plan to do this nightly as already laying here his pads feel softer and the greasy feeling is pretty much gone....it's been about 30 min. it has lanolin and has been around since 1899. i found mine in CVS (local drug store) in the foot care aisle. :D

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
i haven't tried that! i did notice that butler's pads are dry and rough. i took a nail file to them and rubbed in coconut oil and it seems to be working well. his nose too! this darn winter is giving our bulls a hard time.

OP
Momma2Bullet

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
i haven't tried that! i did notice that butler's pads are dry and rough. i took a nail file to them and rubbed in coconut oil and it seems to be working well. his nose too! this darn winter is giving our bulls a hard time.

i totally forgot to mention that i put this bag balm on Bullet's nose too. i did right after i got him a couple months ago as his nose was so dry and cracked. haven't had trouble with his nosey since....could be all the kisses i give him. :luv:

everyone keeps mentioning coconut oil....i need to pick some up. :D

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
i love kissing their noses! i like the smell of their breath through their nose too. do you know what i am talking about? not their mouth breath, the nose breath.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Have you all checked out snout soother yet? I have a link on the Forum page, I love the stuff. I am sure bag balm is much cheaper but I would take snout soother anyday over vaseline. That did not help my bully's cracked nose at all :( And visit the website anyway, it is called Natural Dog company, because their website is pretty awesome looking and I love the color scheme!

OP
Momma2Bullet

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
Have you all checked out snout soother yet? I have a link on the Forum page, I love the stuff. I am sure bag balm is much cheaper but I would take snout soother anyday over vaseline. That did not help my bully's cracked nose at all :( And visit the website anyway, it is called Natural Dog company, because their website is pretty awesome looking and I love the color scheme!

thanks! i will keep this in mind and check the site out. :) that bag balm runs about $10 for the small tin that will last a long time. it doesn't take much at all really.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.