another post about hotspot..

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
i dealt with it before but wonder if i can use neosporin after (does it help to speed of the process?) i clean it with witch hazel? or should i just keep it dry? thank guys.:)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Dry and air are your friend.... I do not put anything on it -- just shave, clean with witch hazel and keep it dry

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
thanks that is what i did last time, but saw some post about people put neosporin on it after i just wonder if that help to speed up the process. thanks again.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
i dealt with it before but wonder if i can use neosporin after (does it help to speed of the process?) i clean it with witch hazel? or should i just keep it dry? thank guys.:)

I have done it both ways; leaving it dry with just witch hazel, and also using neosporin. I found they are both effective. If it looked red, irritated; I did add neosporin, and its always helped. Another awesome thing is Vetericyn, that stuff is amazing! I got it off Amazon.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Yes, when Martha got hotspots from wearing "the Cone" arrrrgh, I used Vetericyn. It cleared them up.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Drying it out is the best way, I would not use Neosporin on it, preferably something with a steroid like hydraCortizone would be better. I personally would use a Panalog type ointment or Malecetic ultra, because they contain an antibacterial, anti-fungal, as well as a steroid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
thank you guys, witch hazel did wonderful job for him last time. just want to know if neosporin would benefits him. thanks again.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.