kclark

Jun 21, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Shadow
Please tell me what you think about me feeding my bulldog a dog food call Dimond Naturals with 2 spoonfuls of blue wet dog food. I mix the wet and dry and she loves it. The dry food is grain free and wheat free. Any suggestions?

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
A lot of people here use the Fromm's 4 star Grain Free version. My take, if your dog's digestive is meshing nicely without issues or allergies, then go for it. Different strokes for different bulldog folks. If he is not showing any allergic reactions, no licking, no redness then, the food works. Good Luck to you.

Please post pics of Shadow.

OP
K

kclark

Jun 21, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Shadow
How long does it take for an allergic reaction to show up?

OP
K

kclark

Jun 21, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Shadow
Well that's what I have been feeding her for 5 days now and no reaction ��. But I also give her 1 benedral with her food. I hope that's ok.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
i advise against the benadryl unless it is needed. Benadryl is not vitamins. You are unnecessarily overmedicating the dog.

Now, a lot of people here also invest in nuvet vitamins (nuvet labs). I strongly advise that you consider this. It is beneficial for their coat and has antihistamine to ward off allergies.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well that's what I have been feeding her for 5 days now and no reaction ��. But I also give her 1 benedral with her food. I hope that's ok.

If the food is working then let it be.... why are you giving Benedyl with each meal? Is Shadow itching or red/pink face?

I give it during certain times of year due to environmental allergies (grass, weeds, tress, etc)

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

Benadryl should only be used "as needed" -- not everyday. We only use it for a severe breakout, or if the allergies are really bad. Please cut back off the benadryl unless its really needed. You don't want to suppress or even get her body immune to it, or else it won't be effective when you REALLY need it. Look into Nuvet - those are great daily supplements, that include a antihistamine.

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
Were you giving the Benadryl for a preventive measure to make sure there wasn't a reaction to the food?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.