ERWWWW!!! WHAT IS THIS?? (not for the faint heart)

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Okay so my grandma called and asked how I was doing and I said I was good and joked how Jovi was not happy... and I went to go take a picture and then I took it and looked at it and noticed something out of the ordinary down near Jovi's vagina. So I looked in person and she has yellow thick liquid coming out, I took a picture after Jovi got up and cleaned it all up... Is this possibly a side effect from the Tramdol or Truprofen?

IMG_4259.jpgIMG_4260.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Usually just a normal discharge. I would just keep an eye on her to make sure it doesn't get worse. Sometimes they will do this right before they go into heat, and I have even seen some that have been spayed do it also. It shouldn't happen very often, if it does, I would get her checked out.

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Usually just a normal discharge. I would just keep an eye on her to make sure it doesn't get worse. Sometimes they will do this right before they go into heat, and I have even seen some that have been spayed do it also. It shouldn't happen ever often, if it does, I would get her checked out.

Okay I will keep an eye on it. I actually think they (may) be the second time within a week. I wokeup in the middle of the night last week and it was wet where her butt was but it wasn't pee, and it was a thick consistency. I was half a sleep and just cleaned it up barely even looked at it. But yes, she is fixed too.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Aww shame, look at that face <3 I don't have any experience really but it looks like "normal" discharge... if it's stinky and have a strange color or if she "leaks" a lot I would think something is going on... but otherwise I think it's just normal, it can happen to males too.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I would take her to the Vet to make sure all is ok, could be an infection going on in her lady parts. Hoping all is going to be ok with this Precious One. Give her Kisses from me and Elmo.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Agreed with the above....but, aaaww, poor Jovi, she sure don't look too cheerful.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor girl -- she sure does not look happy

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Oh What a sad face on Jovi. I hope she feels better soon. As everyone said, it you see discharge often-need a vet visit. Please give Jovi hugs for me.:luv::assurred:

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
That could be her happy face?? I'm not sure what the actual gunk is, maybe call the vet and see what they say.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Good Luck to Jovi.

Harvey used to have light green discharge which I believed was his semen. This was before prior to his neutering. Have not seen this light green discharge eversince.

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Thanks everyone! I did not call a vet but next time I will bring it to her attention. I have to bring Tali to get her rabies soon so I may ask her then.... and No, Jovi was actually really miserable. between her hip and leg problems, I think she just is tired of it and wants to get better, and relax... but it's Jovi and she LOVES to play so when you take play time away she gets really mad. It's like putting a 3 year old on bed rest. :nope:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.