Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 21 of 21

Thread: Allergies? Or worse?? Help!

  1. #13
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    TyTysmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,501
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)
    6184

    Default Re: Allergies? Or worse?? Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Lisa -- let us know if the pics via email give a clear/closer look. But, I am thinking maybe staph infection ?
    @WhitneyBlanche

    Christine - I think you are right. Tyson had a small spout of Staph a couple of years back, and it looked just like this. We had to treat it with some cream the vet gave us. We also had to wash everything in site on the sanitize mode in washer (super HOT HOT). I also purchased off of Amazon an industrial Lysol used in hospitals for the things I couldn't wash that he comes in contact with. After the cream, cleaning, etc. It all cleared up and never came back. However, its important to wash or sterilize everything bc if they come back in contact with it, it will keep spreading.

    My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

  2. Likes Mom of Tucker liked this post
  3. #14
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,140
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11481

    Default Re: Allergies? Or worse?? Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    @WhitneyBlanche

    Christine - I think you are right. Tyson had a small spout of Staph a couple of years back, and it looked just like this. We had to treat it with some cream the vet gave us. We also had to wash everything in site on the sanitize mode in washer (super HOT HOT). I also purchased off of Amazon an industrial Lysol used in hospitals for the things I couldn't wash that he comes in contact with. After the cream, cleaning, etc. It all cleared up and never came back. However, its important to wash or sterilize everything bc if they come back in contact with it, it will keep spreading.
    Nitschke had gotten this a few times -- we had to go the antibiotic route -- high doses over about 3 wks before it went away
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  4. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
  5. #15
    Pooper scooper WhitneyBlanche's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Oakville, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    46
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ollie
    Likes (Received)
    39

    Default Re: Allergies? Or worse?? Help!

    Hi all,

    I took some more photos of Ollie's sores and I have sent them to Lisa but I'm going to attach them here as well.

    -img_5626-jpg-img_5623-jpg-img_5622-jpg-img_5620-jpg


    One is her legs and belly area. This photo was taken last night. You will see some little pink bumps right on her belly. I'm quite sure these are bug bites. They were itchy last night, we gave her some Benadryl before bed and they were gone by this morning. On her legs you will see some scabs. These are the sores that I am concerned about. They are a week and a half old and are clearing up. Two photos are close ups of these sores.

    The brighter photo I took this morning. It is a new sore. It was a little red last night but this morning looks much worse. Bright red! It doesn't appear to be bleeding at all but looks terrible.

    I'm not sure what the little brown flecks on her legs are. I hadn't noticed them until I took these close up photos. She likes to break into the rose garden so it could very well be dirt from her adventures in the backyard.

    Thanks so much for all your help and I hope these photos are clearer than the last ones!!

  6. #16
    Pooper scooper WhitneyBlanche's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Oakville, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    46
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ollie
    Likes (Received)
    39

    Default Re: Allergies? Or worse?? Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Lisa -- let us know if the pics via email give a clear/closer look. But, I am thinking maybe staph infection ?
    Hi Christine,

    I have posted some larger photos of Ollie's sores above.

    Thanks so much for your help!

  7. #17
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,140
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11481

    Default Re: Allergies? Or worse?? Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by WhitneyBlanche View Post
    Hi Christine, I have posted some larger photos of Ollie's sores above. Thanks so much for your help!
    Only on her belly/legs? How old is Ollie? I thnk the flecks are just dirt.... are you wiping her after outings, just a cool wash cloth (no soap or anything)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  8. #18
    Pooper scooper WhitneyBlanche's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Oakville, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    46
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ollie
    Likes (Received)
    39

    Default Re: Allergies? Or worse?? Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Only on her belly/legs? How old is Ollie? I thnk the flecks are just dirt.... are you wiping her after outings, just a cool wash cloth (no soap or anything)
    Her belly and legs as well as two on her side just a few inches below her arm which are nearly completed cleared up.
    Ollie is 15 months old.
    I try to wipe her in the evenings but during the day she's with my dad and going in and out all day and he doesn't wipe her.

  9. #19
    Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,302
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)
    1041

    Default Re: Allergies? Or worse?? Help!

    Oh I have no idea what it is, but I hope it goes away quickly!

  10. #20
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,140
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11481

    Default Re: Allergies? Or worse?? Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by WhitneyBlanche View Post
    Her belly and legs as well as two on her side just a few inches below her arm which are nearly completed cleared up.
    Ollie is 15 months old.
    I try to wipe her in the evenings but during the day she's with my dad and going in and out all day and he doesn't wipe her.
    Ok... you can do a vet visit to confirm, but seems it could be either of the two issues most have stated --- bug/spider bites or staph infection.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  11. #21
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2311
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Allergies? Or worse?? Help!

    I personally think it's an allergic reaction, hasn't Ollie already been to the vet? I've seen spots like these during allergy season in the spring. That's why I'm thinking grass allergy.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •