solid poop that ends soft

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Didn't want to start a new thread with similar topic... Poop 1 and 2 on the same walk, solid, great. 9 or 10/10. Then, as he wears down/runs/exerts... he tries to poop more and there isn't much left. Just a few little turdworms (no worms in the turd, hopefully you understand what I mean here), and really soft. Some sites say this is just normal with dogs, as the moisture is what's at the very end.

1.5 cups/2x a day of the Zignature Salmon (grain free etc). treats he gets just little freeze dried liver treats (3 calories each) or he chews on his bento ball.

His poop has been this way on everything, fromm puppy, fromm heartland gold adult, zignature salmon...

Any reason for concern?

Lockjaw is he same way! I always say he's the dog that poops to mark his territory instead of peeing. Lol- but definitely, the more he goes, the softer it gets. BUT- we've tried a lot of foods and they have been that way. Right now he's eating Acana fish (can't remember exact name). But regular "first" poops are pretty solid.
Now with Penny, I found that hers were softer and she would need to go more often if her food had too much protein. She's eating Canine Caviar Lamb right now. CC overall had lower protein formulas. She's done excellent on that food. Her poops are almost always nice and solid. She doesn't "need" to poop so often- they usually poop in the AM after breakfast. Again when we get home in the afternoon and most of the time (not always) right before bed at night.
But Lockjaw will always poop more on walks or if we go to the park or something. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
Lock jaw, what a name lol. I love it

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Poop 1 and 2 on the same walk, solid, great. 9 or 10/10. Then, as he wears down/runs/exerts... he tries to poop more...
1.5 cups/2x a day...
Pooping 3 times in one walk indicates possible over-feeding. I'd cut his food back by 1/4 cup and see what that does. Typical 45-50 lb Bulldog can get by on 1-1-1/4 CupsX2 per day depending, of course, on activity level.
How big?
How old?
Lean or chubby?
Active/Inactive?

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Lock jaw, what a name lol. I love it

Lol- it didn't really fit him when he was a cute little puppy- it's much more fitting now that he's bigger. Lol
2b485727363d310f2b94d303b5b815e2.jpg

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
See answers below
Pooping 3 times in one walk indicates possible over-feeding. I'd cut his food back by 1/4 cup and see what that does. Typical 45-50 lb Bulldog can get by on 1-1-1/4 CupsX2 per day depending, of course, on activity level.
How big? - 70 lbs
How old? - 9mos
Lean or chubby? - all muscle. I don't think he has any fat on him...
Active/Inactive? - really active, 2 walks a day, usually a mile plus. I think this is why he's all muscle. He's not fixed either, which his brain is making it all to muscle because of that I'm sure.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
See answers below
How big? - 70 lbs Wow!
How old? - 9mos Oh man, he's not done yet...he may eclpise 80#s
Lean or chubby? - all muscle. I don't think he has any fat on him That's remarkable...pics???
Active/Inactive? - really active, 2 walks a day, usually a mile plus. I think this is why he's all muscle. He's not fixed either, which his brain is making it all to muscle because of that I'm sure. Testosterone will do that

3 cups probably not too much
try a little pumpkin with breakfast and dinner and see where that goes.
It may, in fact, be that this is perfectly normal for your boy.

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
He's a tank. Need to get him to stop pulling on the leash because he's too strong lol
7dc60f55115ea6c8f6be1b95018c27f5.jpg
5cf5f9a2e0ab7b296759965fd23cb107.jpg
5c75ffdb1ff19021a89e7ed6ba975b58.jpg
abd0535d5817fab4622f68486a248c2b.jpg

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
Took him to the vet yesterday and he's 69lbs! [emoji33] lol

Done growing? We went to the vet yesterday too. 70.2 lbs. and 9 mos. found out he has demodex or w/e the mites are on his shoulder blade. I think i got taken for a ride for the vet bill. AND they vaccinated him for something he already got vaccinated for. I was a very unhappy camper.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Done growing? We went to the vet yesterday too. 70.2 lbs. and 9 mos. found out he has demodex or w/e the mites are on his shoulder blade. I think i got taken for a ride for the vet bill. AND they vaccinated him for something he already got vaccinated for. I was a very unhappy camper.

I saw the pics of your boy! He's handsome, and tall! He's probably going to be a big boy!!! Poor guy! Just stay on top of any meds and baths and he should come out just fine. I hope you didn't pay for the extra vac's! Did they do anything to try to compensate for their mistake?

Lockjaw will be 2 on the 24th and in the last couple of months he has really seemed to get "girthy"- lol. He's always been super active since he was a puppy, but just recently started to calm down a bit.

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
I saw the pics of your boy! He's handsome, and tall! He's probably going to be a big boy!!! Poor guy! Just stay on top of any meds and baths and he should come out just fine. I hope you didn't pay for the extra vac's! Did they do anything to try to compensate for their mistake?

Lockjaw will be 2 on the 24th and in the last couple of months he has really seemed to get "girthy"- lol. He's always been super active since he was a puppy, but just recently started to calm down a bit.

They took the price off, after telling me oh you could just give a booster in 3-4 weeks then he won't be due until next may! (he got the original in december). I told them no thank you. They took the cost off, they just apologized. Then I told them anything I can find only I'd prefer to do, as this was already really expensive, and she looked up the Duoxo wipe cost on amazon for me lol. I think that was her way of saying "i get it, and I'm sorry for the unnecessary vaccine"... but not enough if you ask me.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Lol- it didn't really fit him when he was a cute little puppy- it's much more fitting now that he's bigger. Lol
2b485727363d310f2b94d303b5b815e2.jpg

He is absolutely gorgeous!!! :loveeyes:

Members online