xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
So we have had a few people stay with us lately, mainly because they are in a bad situation and we could also use the money to save up for our vacation in October, but anyways.. One of them came in the house on Sunday while everyone was still asleep and it woke Jovi up and Jovi jumped up and fell off the bed which stands about 3 feet high... Well we all know she has hip displaysia and two torn ligaments in her back legs. I usually pick her up and take her off the bed to avoid any discomfort and she was doing really well not taking pain meds or anything. Until Sunday. She is not able to walk on her back right leg and today shes been having issues with both of her back legs. Now, we ran out of the anti inflammatory pills but still have some Tramadol left for the pain. Nothing seems to be working (I think she really needs the anti inflammatory pill). Would a vet refill this type of medication without a check up? Our vet knows of her issues and told us shes going to need these off and on throughout her entire life, so she knows we need them. But will they require a check up and blood tests again? I really don't want to make Jovi go through all of that again and actually the whole car ride and stuff alone would be really bad on her legs. I have been trying to keep her off them and even keeping Tali in her room for most of the day so she doesn't keep bugging her. I hate seeing her in pain :fie::nervous:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
It seems to me that if your vet has seen/diagnosed her,and prescribed the medicine, that she would be willing to let you pick up some more of the meds. for her,since she is familiar with her case. Sorry Jovi is having problems.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Agreed, I'm so sorry Jovi is in pain, hope she feels better soon. Will she need surgery eventually?

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Agreed, I'm so sorry movie is in pain, hope she feels better soon. Will she need surgery eventually?

I am about to give her vet a call to see what we can arrange, and no. They did all the x-rays and pretty much told us that even if they did surgery and corrected everything there is a high probability it's going to keep happening. I didn't want to put Jovi through that, and then have to keep going through it every 6 months. She does really well but as of Sunday she has been hurting bad.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It seems to me that if your vet has seen/diagnosed her,and prescribed the medicine, that she would be willing to let you pick up some more of the meds. for her,since she is familiar with her case. Sorry Jovi is having problems.

agreed.... only difference would be if the last visit was more than a few months -- the vet may want to re-evaluate

KatieToth

Julius-K9 Sales Representative
Jun 7, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Noah Jack
I'm sorry to hear that. For the future if it would come down to surgery or you just simply need rehabilitation, I recently bought an IDC multifunctional vest by julius k9. One of the functions is rehabilitation. As a swimming vest it’s practical help for hydro- therapy – with reducing or increasing the number of the floating pads you can change the level of excercises. With a strong handle and a ring for the leash it’s easy to control or hold your dog. Maybe once It is actually highly recommended for those dog breeds (English and French Bulldogs) which are more challenged in swimming due to their physical abilities. Also when (or if you) are going up on stares, you can grab your dog by the handle to decrease pressure on their spinal cord and sensitive joints. I would definitely give a shot for this vest. Even if you decided it is not the product that would help you, you will have a neoprene jacket, which will protect your dog from the rain, wind and cold. Hoping the best for you!

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Poor jovi, hopefully the vet will give you a repeat prescription without seeing her. Hopefully she'll be back to her normal self soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.