Oral Cancer - Plasmacytomas

willowsledge

Jun 16, 2015
Country
united states of america
Bulldog(s) Names
willow
Hi, I have a 13 year old Bullie and she was diagnosed with Plasmacytoma. It is inside her mouth and does not seem to bother her at this point. Since she is old I am concerned about having it removed and her lip reconstructed. Anyone have any experience, feedback, etc. Thank you for any or all feedback.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My niece's Dalmation was diagnosed with this when he was 13. She had the surgery done, and unfortunetly, it reoccured. It also has to do with whether or not it has involved bone, or just tissue. It is totally your decision, but I would personally feel, at her age, I wouldn't want to put her through all of this,as it could return. I would want her to have the best rest of her life that she could. I know we never want to let go, but the older I get, the more I think of the quality of life. It is totally your decision,for her.and I wish you the best for you and your baby. You will have to decide what SHE would want,and not be selfish.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm so sorry to hear that Willow is experiencing this. It's very good to know that she's not having any symptoms at the moment. I think what Lynn said above is very good feedback. Wishing Willow and you the very best,and please keep us posted on how she's doing.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
My niece's Dalmation was diagnosed with this when he was 13. She had the surgery done, and unfortunetly, it reoccured. It also has to do with whether or not it has involved bone, or just tissue. It is totally your decision, but I would personally feel, at her age, I wouldn't want to put her through all of this,as it could return. I would want her to have the best rest of her life that she could. I know we never want to let go, but the older I get, the more I think of the quality of life. It is totally your decision,for her.and I wish you the best for you and your baby. You will have to decide what SHE would want,and not be selfish.

Yes I will just leave her live a very comfortable life. The highest quality of life with the least discomfort is what my aim would be.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online