Abbott's Privates!!

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
So Saturday Abbott and Wheezie we fighting with one of their toys and Abbott retreated under the pool table, and we were trying to get him out and he was acting weird and doing the humping motion .I told my husband to get him out so I could look at him and his lipstick was fully erect and he had two small hard ball like things sticking out.He is neutered and it was super swollen like.So I got a cold rag and held it on their with a fan blowing on it and it went down after about 10 min.Has this happened to anyone else? It was scary.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I can't say I'm familiar with the situation but I don't think there is reason to worry if it went back to normal again and everything is fine now. It could be a reaction to the fight maybe. Male dogs have "balls" on their privates to prevent them from slipping out when mating... could it be that you saw maybe:blush2:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Blue had an infection of the prepuce once. It made his little weener erect. It was called Balanoposthitis and could have become very serious.

Either way, I think any issue in that area calls for a vet visit.

OP
Christie H

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=7710]Petra[/MENTION] these were at the very base of it, is this where ?@nycbullymama I immediately googled it and freaked for a minute.We are keeping a close eye on the situation for sure.

OP
Christie H

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=12554]harveyspecter[/MENTION] there was no bleeding at all.It was crazy then it just went back to normal

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Hmm...I would keep an eye on it, maybe just call the vet and see what they have to say. My vet is great and doesnt mind the free telephone advice he gives me!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@Christie H I had three female toy poodles. Got the big idea to breed, so I bought a tiny male. Well, when old enough, one of his testicles was retained, and he had to be castrated, and they also had to cut his "belly" to remove the retained testicle. When the girls were in heat, at the most fertile time, they would just bug him to death.He would get an erection exactly as you described,with the two "knots" also out. I used to put ice pack on it until it went back, and put him in the crate to cool off. Your boy just got over excited,and you did exactly the right thing. Cold packs, and calming down is the thing to do when that happens.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Yes [MENTION=11987]Christie H[/MENTION], at the bottom, almost like if the balls popped out kind of:eek: Talk to the vet maybe? they'll know more exactly how it works and can tell you if it's ok that it happens in a situation like that. Something in the situation probably caused him to get excited and since it went back and there is no bleeding I'm thinking it was just a coincident it happened... Is he still normal?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@Christie H I had three female toy poodles. Got the big idea to breed, so I bought a tiny male. Well, when old enough, one of his testicles was retained, and he had to be castrated, and they also had to cut his "belly" to remove the retained testicle. When the girls were in heat, at the most fertile time, they would just bug him to death.He would get an erection exactly as you described,with the two "knots" also out. I used to put ice pack on it until it went back, and put him in the crate to cool off. Your boy just got over excited,and you did exactly the right thing. Cold packs, and calming down is the thing to do when that happens.

This is has happen with Cheli twice... First time to the vet and he explained as Lynn has... Even though they are fixed, they can still get 'excited'.... We are thinking there is a female nearby that was in heat and he sensed her. Hasn't happen since then, but it would be bad to have the vet check to make sure

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.