tiffykay06

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
Tiffany - I am saying a prayer for sweet Rumble. Please keep us posted when you hear from them. I know the pain, been there, it stinks. Will they let him go home today?

They will keep him overnight which makes me paranoid but I also know it is better for him since they have people there round the clock. I will be able to pick him up tomorrow between 2 and 5.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
They will keep him overnight which makes me paranoid but I also know it is better for him since they have people there round the clock. I will be able to pick him up tomorrow between 2 and 5.

Well, that is good that he won't be alone, and checked on constantly throughout the night. He'll need extra loving when he comes home tomorrow :)

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
That sucks! I am so sorry. Koozer had TPLO surgery last year, and I am so afraid that he will need the other leg done at some point too. We are praying for a speedy recovery for Rumble and peace for you:)

OP
tiffykay06

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig update: The surgery went well. Once they looked at his knee, he had torn not only his ACL but also his meniscus (which is what he did last time as well). His cartliage looked good. The first surgery, there was some complication with getting one of the screws in place. Unlike last time, all of the screws went in without a problem. He is resting now and if everything goes well tonight he will be coming home tomorrow! Thank you for all of the prayers, good juju/thoughts, and messages...we truly appreciate them! Keep them coming so that he has a good night and can come home tomorrow!

OP
tiffykay06

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That sucks! I am so sorry. Koozer had TPLO surgery last year, and I am so afraid that he will need the other leg done at some point too. We are praying for a speedy recovery for Rumble and peace for you:)

Hopefully Koozer is in the 50% who only injure one ACL! Thank you for your prayers :)

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Sir Rumble Pig update: The surgery went well. Once they looked at his knee, he had torn not only his ACL but also his meniscus (which is what he did last time as well). His cartliage looked good. The first surgery, there was some complication with getting one of the screws in place. Unlike last time, all of the screws went in without a problem. He is resting now and if everything goes well tonight he will be coming home tomorrow! Thank you for all of the prayers, good juju/thoughts, and messages...we truly appreciate them! Keep them coming so that he has a good night and can come home tomorrow!

Wonderful! Thank you for the update, praying for a speedy recovery and smooth night. We want pictures of him home tomorrow! :) Try to rest tonight, because you won't sleep much tomorrow - hee hee.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Have a good recovery Rumble! We are rooting for you-get well real soon!

OP
tiffykay06

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Another update on Rumble: The vet called this morning and said that Rumble is having no problems eating (of course he is not!!) and that he has moved around on the injured leg and has tried to put some weight on it. This means he is ready to be picked up this afternoon! I am so excited!! :) He better be ready to snuggle because I missed him last night.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Another update on Rumble: The vet called this morning and said that Rumble is having no problems eating (of course he is not!!) and that he has moved around on the injured leg and has tried to put some weight on it. This means he is ready to be picked up this afternoon! I am so excited!! :) He better be ready to snuggle because I missed him last night.

Please give him extra snuggles from me & Ty! :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

So happy he is coming home... Hugs to you all

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

How is Mr. Rumble doing??

OP
tiffykay06

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
How is Mr. Rumble doing??

He is doing well! Thanks for asking. I got him home yesterday and got him situated in the play pen with me where we could snuggle. He has been eating and taking all of his medications well. He had one potty accident which is not like him but I know it is an after affect from the anesthesia/medicine/surgery/etc. He wouldn't leave the incision alone at the vets so they brought him out to me in the cone of shame...poor guy! We both him one of the inflatable ones so it is not as bad but he still looks at me like, "seriously mom?" Hopefully he keeps doing well. I'm actually leaving work early in a little bit so I can go check on him.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
He is doing well! Thanks for asking. I got him home yesterday and got him situated in the play pen with me where we could snuggle. He has been eating and taking all of his medications well. He had one potty accident which is not like him but I know it is an after affect from the anesthesia/medicine/surgery/etc. He wouldn't leave the incision alone at the vets so they brought him out to me in the cone of shame...poor guy! We both him one of the inflatable ones so it is not as bad but he still looks at me like, "seriously mom?" Hopefully he keeps doing well. I'm actually leaving work early in a little bit so I can go check on him.

Glad he is home & resting - poor baby.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

so good to hear he is home and on the road to recovery.... give him big hugs and keep us posted

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.