URGENT!!! REALLY BAD SKIN ALLERGIES - WHAT CAN IT BE?!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yes makes sense I have been switching him a lot. OK I will try rice and hamburger see how that goes. I also made an appointment to finally get him tested in 2 weeks. I haven't searched for raw diets yet because I want to see if what he is eating now works. I just find Raw food so expensive :(

It is, but for us personally - it was the only thing that really helped. Whatever you end up trying next after the bland, give it time to work. At least 30 days, because all the switching can really upset their bellies. Which flavor did he really like the best and do well with?

OP
rramos

rramos

May 11, 2015
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
Yes I am trying this new technique as well. I took the bowl away this AM, should I stick with the same food or give him a fresh scoop. OK I will definitely stop switching but I am just not sure which kind he likes. Should I stick with the Duck or Turkey. :(

OP
rramos

rramos

May 11, 2015
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
If I go with Raw - how should I feed him. How often do you purchase this food and is it frozen? Thanks!!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yes I am trying this new technique as well. I took the bowl away this AM, should I stick with the same food or give him a fresh scoop. OK I will definitely stop switching but I am just not sure which kind he likes. Should I stick with the Duck or Turkey. :(

Each dog is different honestly. I have done my fair research, and I've read that Duck is very rich, but it is a novel protein. I would go with Turkey, since you mentioned he didn't care for the duck. Did he like the Turkey?
And to answer your question, go fresh, make sure you clean the bowl really well, soap/hot water. You can try and add a little bit of water to the food, to make it softer, could entice him to eat. But go bland for a few days, to settle his belly. Then slowly start to introduce the kibble back in.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w

Use the one you mixed with the old food when you did the slow switch.

Also, there's really no such thing as a dog not liking a food..lol..
They can be spoiled rotten and prefer one to the other so stick their nose up at something new. I have one bulldog like that too. But ultimately, they're dogs and they will eat what's given to them provided they're hungry enough.

OP
rramos

rramos

May 11, 2015
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
OK - IDK if he liked the turkey because he doesn't want to eat any flavor at all :( I ve tried giving him little bites to see which one he likes best and he just smells it and goes away. :(

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
If I go with Raw - how should I feed him. How often do you purchase this food and is it frozen? Thanks!!

Depends on which raw you go with. There is frozen and dehydrated. How much he gets will depend on his weight. My Tyson weighs 75lbs so he gets 2.5 frozen patties a day (we do stella & chewys) - he gets 1 1/4 morning, and dinner. I purchase the big 6lbs bags that have 12 patties, and I buy them 2 at a time so it will last me about 2 weeks. Is it expensive, yes! But its what worked for us, and I just want him healthy. Other option is The Honest Kitchen that is dry, you mix with water, let it sit a few mins, then feed. I'm not sure the amount on those, but I'm sure you can find it online. @brutus77 & @Marine91 do The Honest Kitchen. Myself & @nycbullymama do Stella & Chewy's frozen patties.

OP
rramos

rramos

May 11, 2015
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
Ha! Ha! OK I will stick to the turkey this is so weird..he loved all other foods but when I switched him to this limited ingredient he hates it.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Depends on which raw you go with. There is frozen and dehydrated. How much he gets will depend on his weight. My Tyson weighs 75lbs so he gets 2.5 frozen patties a day (we do stella & chewys) - he gets 1 1/4 morning, and dinner. I purchase the big 6lbs bags that have 12 patties, and I buy them 2 at a time so it will last me about 2 weeks. Is it expensive, yes! But its what worked for us, and I just want him healthy. Other option is The Honest Kitchen that is dry, you mix with water, let it sit a few mins, then feed. I'm not sure the amount on those, but I'm sure you can find it online. @brutus77 & @Marine91 do The Honest Kitchen. Myself & @nycbullymama do Stella & Chewy's frozen patties.

Yep, what Jessica said.

If you're interested in Raw, we have a Raw feeding forum here where you'll get lots of information.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/raw-feeding-for-english-bulldogs/

OP
rramos

rramos

May 11, 2015
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
Oh awesome Rocky weights 57 pounds ok..let me start looking for raw options.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.