Baby T has a boo boo on his paw

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I had a near heart attack today when Truman suddenly began limping on his bad hip.

After I collected myself and took a closer look at things, I noticed the reason for his limp, which was exacerbated by walking on rocks and rough surfaces, was a lump on the underside of his pad - on what would be his pinky toe.

It must be painful because it's right on the bottom of his pad and he keeps licking at it. I attempted to get a photo but it doesn't look like anything on camera. I can only describe it as a dime sized lump on the bottom of his pinky toe pad - many the volume of a lemon head or so. It is not red but it almost appears whitish and is a firm bump.

I soaked it in Epsom salt and put a little sock on his foot so he stays away from it for now. Any guesses as to what it might be? We have a vet appointment on Monday so I'm going to try to wait until then and keep him off any rough surfaces but if it gets worse, we'll try to get in early.

The one other things we've been doing differently is walking more to tire him out before bed so perhaps that's related?

Anyway, here is a pic of the patient with a sock on his foot for your viewing pleasure :D :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
wow he sure is getting big... poor baby t i hope its just irritated from walking on rough surfaces... lex went through the same thing he was limping on his bad leg and he ended up having a long cut on his paw pad we just dr'd it and wrapped it and it finally healed and hes back to hsi old self

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
At least he is behaving himself and leaving that sock on his paw....or did he? I just can't imagine him leaving it on for longer than it took to take the photo. He is so CUTE!!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=860]jillh10[/MENTION] ...... Im sorry, Im sitting here laughing at that pic... it struck me so funny.... Pooooooooooor 'baby' looks sooooo forlorned but looks like he is milking it for some cuddles and kissies.
Could he have a cactus thorn or sumptin stuck in his foot?? Pooooor baby. :(

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Is it possibly a blister from more walking?

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Hmmm not sure what that would be, never seen that on Samson. I think it was a good idea to soak it in the epsom salt. Samson has had cuts on his pad before but for that I just clean it and let it heal in its own.

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Is it possibly a blister from more walking?

I'm thinking it could be some kind of blister or something of that nature...in any case, I moved his vet appointment up to today. It seems better but since he has to go anyway, no harm in getting him in early. I'll let you know what we find out!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
AWWWW poor Baby T, he looks so pitiful. Hope he feels better soon.

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Thanks everyone!

Truman's vet thinks it's just a scrape that he licked and made worse so we're soaking it with Epsom salts and applying some witch hazel and keeping him from licking it. If that doesn't clear it up, he's going to get an antibiotic but we wanted to try without one first.

Truman has also been declared mange free! So that's good news and his hips are smooth and healthy. He is a muscular 48.1 pounds.

Linus also went to the vet for his 6 month "preventative maintenance" appointment at the same time and weighed a svelte 76 pounds (down from 80) but we're still trying to get a few more off of him. Other than that, he's fit as a fiddle - which is always good news!

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
awe, glad he is on the mend. hopefully no further meds are needed and the soaking does the trick. will be thinking of him....all sitting there in is sock. ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online