Help Needed! Reoccurring Runny Nose and Coughing! :-(

JewelsMomma

Jun 14, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jewels the Gem
My baby Jewels is 11 weeks old and has had respiratory issues since we got her. The day before we were suppose to pick her up she got in a baby pool with her brother. The breeder told us about it and mentioned we should keep an eye on her because she was sneezing a little. Needless to say 3 days later we were at the vet and she had aspiration pneumonia. Well we are now on the 3rd antibiotic and also a steroid. Her CXR was clear at her last appointment but now they think it's more her sinuses and that it moved to a sinus infection instead of pneumonia. It will seem like she is getting better and then when she is almost done with her antibiotic she will start coughing more and when she sneezes yellow drainage sometimes comes out of her nose sometimes. She doesn't really cough throughout the day but once night time comes it starts. And in the morning she will sneeze frequently and clear her nose. Has anyone else had problems like this...or have any ideas for me. I've been at the vet weekly since we got her and I just want my baby to be over this yucky stuff. She has never had a fever when they checked her either....and she surely doesn't act sick!! Thanks in advance for any insight!! :-)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Try putting her in a steamy bathroom a few times a day, you'd be surprised how much steam can help upper respiratory issues. Just make sure you stay in the bathroom with her, once you are too hot and uncomfortable you're done, about 10 minutes is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J

JewelsMomma

Jun 14, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jewels the Gem
I'll definitely give that a try!! Thank you!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I hope she feels better real soon. Respiratory issues are a pain.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UGH --- it can take what seems forever for it to clear up.. I was going to suggest the same thing that Lisa stated.

Good luck -- and keep us posted - hope she gets better real soon,

:welcome3: to EBN

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.