General Question Before I call the vet.....

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Well turns out, Ruthie is just being an a**hole. Her urine is perfectly fine. he did say if she keeps it up we can put her on anxiety meds and do x-rays of her bladder just in case.

Any ideas are welcome cause i'm totally stumped on how to fix this.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Sounds like Ruthie has what Finn has...the peeing-in-bed-just-cuz-syndrome. :ohmy:

I've had this problem with him too since April. We ruled out the UTI, and with him being only 4yo, incontinence didn't seem likely. The vet put him on PPA to see if that would help as it strengthens the bladder sphincter. I had him on it for a couple days then stopped after reading about the side effects :fie:.

What works now is putting a Tinkle Trouser on him. Funny thing is, when he wears it, he doesn't pee in bed! I thought he was cured of the pee-in-bed syndrome so this week, no tinkle trouser and guess what? TWO episodes of peeing in bed so far.

You might what to look at the tinkle trouser b/c they really do seem to help.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
just wanted to add that Finn pees nowhere else either...just my (our) big bed in the middle of the night. (not during his naps)

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sounds like Ruthie has what Finn has...the peeing-in-bed-just-cuz-syndrome. :ohmy:

I've had this problem with him too since April. We ruled out the UTI, and with him being only 4yo, incontinence didn't seem likely. The vet put him on PPA to see if that would help as it strengthens the bladder sphincter. I had him on it for a couple days then stopped after reading about the side effects :fie:.

What works now is putting a Tinkle Trouser on him. Funny thing is, when he wears it, he doesn't pee in bed! I thought he was cured of the pee-in-bed syndrome so this week, no tinkle trouser and guess what? TWO episodes of peeing in bed so far.

You might what to look at the tinkle trouser b/c they really do seem to help.

That's funny because i was thinking of putting a diaper on her at night.

I'm going to look into those. I'm so tired of washing the bed, comforter, her bedding and blankets almost daily.

i'm sorry you are dealing with this too, it's so frustrating.

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
just wanted to add that Finn pees nowhere else either...just my (our) big bed in the middle of the night. (not during his naps)

YEP! Ruthie is the same way. She pees on her bed and the spare bed that is in that room they sleep in. No where else.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
That is so odd, the Finn, and now Ruthie - I wonder what the heck it could be if all else checks out well, health wise? Stumped. :glare:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
We all know they can be brats. I'm happy to hear Miss Ruthie is a healthy asshole anyway! lol. I know having two is hard. If Brutus feels slighted he usually acts out. Now I am only highlighting my sweet love because he has the predisposed personality of an asshole. Frankie is usually on the receiving end of Brutus' fits. And yes my boy has looked at me and peed on spite! So lets think about this, who of your babies is predisposed to personality issues? is it Ruthie or Brutus? Is it Tate or Finn? I think we should do an asshole study.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

I'm going to look into those. I'm so tired of washing the bed, comforter, her bedding and blankets almost daily.

When it happened in April, I was washing the bedding every single night for about 5 days (plus no sleep).

Definitely do look into the Tinkle Trouser. [MENTION=13140]Donnam[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] recommend this one too.

I wonder if it's more of an anxiety issue? you know, like when little kids pee in the bed it may be b/c something is bothering them emotionally (or is that an old wive's tale)?

I hope you too will find a solution for Ruthie, Jennie.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well turns out, Ruthie is just being an a**hole. Her urine is perfectly fine. he did say if she keeps it up we can put her on anxiety meds and do x-rays of her bladder just in case.

UGH.... little ****!

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
We all know they can be brats. I'm happy to hear Miss Ruthie is a healthy asshole anyway! lol. I know having two is hard. If Brutus feels slighted he usually acts out. Now I am only highlighting my sweet love because he has the predisposed personality of an asshole. Frankie is usually on the receiving end of Brutus' fits. And yes my boy has looked at me and peed on spite! So lets think about this, who of your babies is predisposed to personality issues? is it Ruthie or Brutus? Is it Tate or Finn? I think we should do an asshole study.

Oh now that is hard cause Brutus is just a dick sometimes, but he's so happy. Whereas Ruthie will be standoffish and mean and not talk to us.....so Ruthie, is the bigger asshole.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
When it happened in April, I was washing the bedding every single night for about 5 days (plus no sleep).

Definitely do look into the Tinkle Trouser. [MENTION=13140]Donnam[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] recommend this one too.

I wonder if it's more of an anxiety issue? you know, like when little kids pee in the bed it may be b/c something is bothering them emotionally (or is that an old wive's tale)?

We can do this together!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

Oh RUTHIE GIRL… :spank: Maybe she was mad that you guys didn't take her out to the pool all weekend… Lol

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

Definitely do look into the Tinkle Trouser. @Donnam and @Manydogs recommend this one too.

Many times when little kids pee the bed it's because they are deep sleepers… and they eventually grow out of it. I'm curious if that could happen to dogs as well… Lol

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie

Jennie, I would give the tinkle trousers a try. They were intended for incontinence, but if you go to their website and read some reviews, it seems to help for the kind of peeing in bed like Ruthie is doing and dogs who mark as well. I'm wondering if Ruthie has been spayed because female dogs often develop incontinence at night as a result and there is a medicine for that (kind of like a hormone replacement).

Anyway, if you put the tinkle trouser on her, even if she still pees at night, it will keep her bedding dry. At least you won't have all the laundry. I've been there, done that, and it's infuriating! Also, the tinkle trousers stay on better than any other diaper. And if she's doing it out of spite or because she's an a-hole, she may quit because she will have to sleep the rest of the night in a wet diaper! Oh Ruthie, you shouldn't mess with mama! :no:

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
My girl hates going outside when I tell her and she just ignores me and wants to go out when she wants to go out, . I have to tell her to go NOW and she will then go outside but she also use to pee on material things. If I bought her a new bed she would pee on it, if I gave her a blanket she would pee on it, if I gave her a pillow to lay on she would pee on it, if I let her go all throughout the house where carpet is she would do so well but I would have to watch her like a hawk and then good turned out to just deciding to go potty on the carpet, she would never go potty on the ceramic tiles or anything such as. So I had to decide she can't have a blanky, a pillow, a dog bed and she had to sleep in her cage without anything down and I went one step further and bought pull ups. If she wanted to come into the living room I would tell her she had to put it on and if she wanted to come in the living room where the carpet areas are then she would let me put it on her and if not she would turn the other way and we left it at that. I decided that she does very well in her cage without anything in it and I didn't put the pull up on her at the times when she has to go into her cage. Now she didn't have a UTI and I am the only other female. My vet said she was marking her spots and because it absorbs so quickly she would then lay back down as though she didn't do anything since it absorbed. I said who is she marking it for I am the only other female in the house and I am the Alpha of my home and her vet said she is marking her territory to claim things because she wants to be the alpha dog. Of course I thought the same thing and was shocked when my vet said it to me and yet I never shared my thoughts to her on this. I somewhat believe it but this is a first for me with having a female who does this .now everything is good and she goes anywhere in the house but I still put her in her cage if I am leaving just so not to tempt her. Hope all turns out well and you can figure out what is going on with her.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.