General Question Before I call the vet.....

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I'm not sure if this is behavior related or something else is going on.

for a few weeks now Ruthie has decided to start peeing on her bed and the other bed(for people) in the room she sleeps in. I even caught her this past Saturday doing it right in front of me.
Some days it will happen, some it won't. I keep them on a very strict potty schedule and she HATES going pee. I have to go outside with her and say...GO PEE for her to actually go and even then, it's a good 15 mins before she actually decides to go.
Even last night, she went before bed and this morning, she peed on the big bed. I'm frustrated. She is not going anywhere else in the house. When she does go, i praise the hell out of her.

She was so mad at me last night because of her eye drops which she also hates and then i noticed her fold was not looking good, so i cleaned it and put some desitin on it. I'm pretty sure that is why she peed on the bed, because she's ticked off.

Should i just go ahead and get her to the vet incase of UTI?
I'm totally stumped. NOTHING in her schedule has changed.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Personally I would just to rule out a UTI… you know that is how I found out my cat was diabetic. He kept peeing on everything and getting constant UTI until they discovered that his sugar was off. Better to be safe than sorry… or course if it's out of spite, then Ms. Ruthie will truly be in the DOG HOUSE!!! Lol ;)

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Personally I would just to rule out a UTI… you know that is how I found out my cat was diabetic. He kept peeing on everything and getting constant UTI until they discovered that his sugar was off. Better to be safe than sorry… or course if it's out of spite, then Ms. Ruthie will truly be in the DOG HOUSE!!! Lol ;)

Thank you!
you are right, i should call. She is only peeing on her bed and the big bed, no where else. maybe she's just being an asshole.
Brian is already talking about getting her a crate again. And i'm here like...why, she's just gonna pee in it. LOL.

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I called the vet and told them what is going on. I'm taking her in at 3. They said it's best to rule out a UTI or incontinence. Then we can focus on if she's just being bad or not.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'd take her to see the vet just in case. She's probably peeing in those two places cause they allready smell like pee...not to piss you of...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agreed.... get the UTI ruled out and then you can really know if she is just being an asshole :D

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
A vet once told me that if they have a UTI when they pee everywhere they think that if they pee somewhere new that it won't hurt. Yeah I know… makes no DAMN sense whatsoever… Lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
A vet once told me that if they have a UTI when they pee everywhere they think that if they pee somewhere new that it won't hurt. Yeah I know… makes no DAMN sense whatsoever… Lol

:blink:

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

WTF?!?!?!?!?!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Agree, and glad you have a visit scheduled, better to just check it out real quick :) I know it could also be anger. Tyson follows us everywhere, one day he was following Danny to the bathroom, Danny decided to shut the door on him, boy oh boy, he instantly pouted, then proceeding to pee right at the door in vengeance. It was quite hilarious. I hope all is fine with sweet Ruthie girl. Hugs

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Agree, and glad you have a visit scheduled, better to just check it out real quick :) I know it could also be anger. Tyson follows us everywhere, one day he was following Danny to the bathroom, Danny decided to shut the door on him, boy oh boy, he instantly pouted, then proceeding to pee right at the door in vengeance. It was quite hilarious. I hope all is fine with sweet Ruthie girl. Hugs

If it's anger she's been mad at us a WHOLE LOT. ugggghhhhhh. I would much rather have something wrong with her than trying to fix her nasty attitude.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I have had dogs with UTIs in the past, and at those times they have peed anywhere and everywhere and it's usually every few minutes. They feel like they have to pee all the time, so even though they don't have much urine they squat and pee every few minutes. It's maddening, but you know it's a UTI and you can't get to the vet for meds fast enough!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I think she can surely do it cos she's pissed off, my Joey would do things like that if she's upset, she's the queen of revenge, lol. Good to rule out UTI though since this is new for her to do.

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
If you rule out a UTI I would assume that she is trying to scent Mark since she is only doing it on the beds. I have had the issue of mine who are 100% house trained pee on their beds or our bed. I don't think mine were trying to cover our scent but instead cover the other dogs scent as if to say this bed belongs to ME! For quite awhile we did not leave the dog beds down and kept our bedroom door shut and we had any further issues. Now we leave the dog bed down because of their age but it has a waterproof cover just in case.

I've only dealt with a UTI once and the symptoms came on suddenly. Squatting multiple times outside, sitting after squatting as if she was in pain, peeing frequently like every few minutes, accidents in the house. It was obvious. Maybe there are more subtle symptoms but ours seemed to start and progress very fast.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I hope they can figure out what's going on with her. Poor Ruthie.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online