I feel so sorry for my co-workers dog..

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
he little BUGG (Pug/Boston Terrier).. went to get neutered last week and he almost died! They had to do CPR etc. She brought him home - he appears blind and she has to tube feed him :*( He starting to walk a little, but not too much. I think she said he only weighs about 5 lbs. It's just heartbreaking :(

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh no, that's our worst nightmare! What did the doc say about how he's going to progress? Hopefully there's no permanent harm, physical or emotional.

OP
LisaRN

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Oh no, that's our worst nightmare! What did the doc say about how he's going to progress? Hopefully there's no permanent harm, physical or emotional.

They dont' know if it's permanent :( She brought him home because it was costing her a fortune and honestly - I think as a nurse I would be able to take care of my dog in re: to feeding him etc. And save many $$$. I was thinking he was over anesthetized, even with humans it can take a few days to metabolize anesthetic if your sensitive.. but at this point, I am just praying for the poor little guy :(

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
What went wrong? I've never heard of that. I thought neutering was usually pretty quick and easy. Seems like if the vet did something wrong, he wouldn't be charging for the continued care. I sure hope the poor guy gets over this and returns to normal!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Real sad, I hope he gets better with time. I hate to hear things like this.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Poor little thing! I hope he makes it and won't have permanent damage :pray:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
OMG that is just horrifying.... I could not even imagine.... :*(

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
please don't worry so much- bulldogs only issue is the Bulldog protocol for anesthesia and procedure. I can post it for everyone if needed. But in the case of this poor sweet pup, he is of a small breed who do not do well in many things, the main thing Bulldogs are so fragile about is over heating- and NOT thoroughly cooling them down for long enough .

Bella Cows Mama

Feb 4, 2011
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella Cow
please don't worry so much- bulldogs only issue is the Bulldog protocol for anesthesia and procedure. I can post it for everyone if needed. But in the case of this poor sweet pup, he is of a small breed who do not do well in many things, the main thing Bulldogs are so fragile about is over heating- and NOT thoroughly cooling them down for long enough .

Yes, please post. I am so scared to get Bella fixed. I don't really like my vet for "bulldog" care. I'm not sure they are that informed, but unfortunately I dont' have anyone close that is good with Bulldogs. Any info I can get that might better inform me to work as a team with my vet and ease my paranoia is much appreciated.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.