Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I would be at the office wanting to see him and speak with vet at same time.... Hugs to you and continued prayers little guy recovers quickly

My thoughts exactly. See the vet-speak to him directly.You are paying, you have the right to be informed about the situation!

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
this is certainly not what I'd expect from a vet office who is dealing with a VERY sick young dog. I was getting calls every 3-4 hours from my vet when frank was at his worst. and she would talk with me for 15-20 minutes at a time, very thorough, telling me things I didn't even need to know.

definitely don't just take the short prognosis they're giving you, you're paying good money for this and that is your baby. get as much info as you can. good luck!! we are all pulling for baby tank.

- - - Updated - - -

also, is there a staff member who stays to monitor the dogs overnight?

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
When my pup had it the vet didn't hear anything wrong in her lungs but he listened to our concerns of coughing and noticed that she was abdominal breathing which isn't normal. Luckily he ordered xrays right away so we started treatment for pneumonia. Another pup in the litter also ended up with pneumonia but didn't get the timely care that my girl got so he eventually ended up in the hospital. I was a nervous wreck so I can only imagine how you are feeling. Sounds like the vet you went to this time is taking the right steps but I hate they are not communicating with you. Maybe ask for a time that the vet can speak with you in person or over the phone...I don't like hearing from their staff when there is serious issue. I want to talk to the vet so I can ask questions and ensure my concerns are heard. I always wonder just how much info is relayed when you leave messages with the staff. Hoping your baby is better today! Please update when you can. :pray:

OP
JMarsha

JMarsha

Jun 8, 2015
Connecticut
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I spoke to the actual vet numerous times today, including in person. I also called another animal hospital to verify that his current hospital is doing everything they can. The positives are that Tank no longer has a fever and his coughing is expelling a lot of mucus. The negatives are that today's X-ray revealed that his is now congested in both lungs. The vet is switching to a "more aggressive" antibiotic and he is back on the IV for fluids. The poor little guy coughs so hard that he regurgitates his food. I got lots of cuddle time with little Tank today and told him that he HAS to come home soon :(. Both vet hospitals said that the next 48 hours will be critical for Tank. Please keep praying!

OP
JMarsha

JMarsha

Jun 8, 2015
Connecticut
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
this is certainly not what I'd expect from a vet office who is dealing with a VERY sick young dog. I was getting calls every 3-4 hours from my vet when frank was at his worst. and she would talk with me for 15-20 minutes at a time, very thorough, telling me things I didn't even need to know.

definitely don't just take the short prognosis they're giving you, you're paying good money for this and that is your baby. get as much info as you can. good luck!! we are all pulling for baby tank.

- - - Updated - - -
also, is there a staff member who stays to monitor the dogs overnight?

Thank you! Yes he is at a 24 hour care facility.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I spoke to the actual vet numerous times today, including in person. I also called another animal hospital to verify that his current hospital is doing everything they can. The positives are that Tank no longer has a fever and his coughing is expelling a lot of mucus. The negatives are that today's X-ray revealed that his is now congested in both lungs. The vet is switching to a "more aggressive" antibiotic and he is back on the IV for fluids. The poor little guy coughs so hard that he regurgitates his food. I got lots of cuddle time with little Tank today and told him that he HAS to come home soon :(. Both vet hospitals said that the next 48 hours will be critical for Tank. Please keep praying!

Thanks for the update on Tank, he is strong and sounds like he's fighting. I know for sure that seeing you, and you being able to hold him probably really helped him. Poor little guy. We are all still pulling & praying for him. He needs to come home soon!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
We're thinking of little Tank!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

Poor little guy!!!! Praying and sending love your way, we're all pulling for you Tank!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Still praying very hard and sending lots of positive thoughts too..... thanks for the update

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Im praying for the little guy. Stay strong hank

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Praying and Positive Thoughts for this Special Puppy Tank. God Watch Over Tank And Get Him Strong And Well, And Able To Go Home With His Wonderful Mom and Dad.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@JMarsha Please know that I am(as we all are) praying for your little guy, and sending him all the best wishes for a full recovery. I know when they are so sick,it is hard to even concentrate on any thing else,and you feel so helpless. I am sure the hosp. is doing all they can for him. Poor little fella'-fight on little Hank-your mama needs you to come home and chew up the furniture!! Any thing you want-you got it!!! Get well Hank!

Most Reactions