Any news? How's your little guy?

2. Likes JMarsha liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Sick puppy :(

Not a lot to report on Tank I called the vet hospital before closing and all they were able to report was that he was "better than this morning." I am calling as soon as they open tomorrow because I need a one on one with the doctor. I'd like to know EXACTLY how he is being treated and I need an updated prognosis. I understand pneumonia takes time to heal and it's a day by day sickness, but I'm starting to feel more and more out of the loop and helpless PLEASE continue prayers for Tank, our family already feels so lost without him home.

4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

I'm praying he is better soon
    My smooshy face boy!

6. Likes JMarsha liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JMarsha View Post
    Not a lot to report on Tank I called the vet hospital before closing and all they were able to report was that he was "better than this morning." I am calling as soon as they open tomorrow because I need a one on one with the doctor. I'd like to know EXACTLY how he is being treated and I need an updated prognosis. I understand pneumonia takes time to heal and it's a day by day sickness, but I'm starting to feel more and more out of the loop and helpless PLEASE continue prayers for Tank, our family already feels so lost without him home.
    We will definitely continue to pray for sweet Tank. Please keep us posted on him, also I would go directly to the vet & speak with them in person instead. Sometimes on phone calls you don't get full attention &. Can daze off because of your emotions (I've been there) - will check in with you in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I would be at the office wanting to see him and speak with vet at same time.... Hugs to you and continued prayers little guy recovers quickly
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

9. Likes TyTysmom, JMarsha liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

@JMarsha - Please get to the vet office today, and let us know how Tank is doing.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    I would be at the office wanting to see him and speak with vet at same time.... Hugs to you and continued prayers little guy recovers quickly
    My thoughts exactly. See the vet-speak to him directly.You are paying, you have the right to be informed about the situation!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Dog Park Attendant
    Real Name
    Madie (Maydee)
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

this is certainly not what I'd expect from a vet office who is dealing with a VERY sick young dog. I was getting calls every 3-4 hours from my vet when frank was at his worst. and she would talk with me for 15-20 minutes at a time, very thorough, telling me things I didn't even need to know.

definitely don't just take the short prognosis they're giving you, you're paying good money for this and that is your baby. get as much info as you can. good luck!! we are all pulling for baby tank.

- - - Updated - - -

also, is there a staff member who stays to monitor the dogs overnight?

13. Likes 2BullyMama, Kevikell liked this post
    Real Name
    Kelly
    Country
    us
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
    Likes (Received)

When my pup had it the vet didn't hear anything wrong in her lungs but he listened to our concerns of coughing and noticed that she was abdominal breathing which isn't normal. Luckily he ordered xrays right away so we started treatment for pneumonia. Another pup in the litter also ended up with pneumonia but didn't get the timely care that my girl got so he eventually ended up in the hospital. I was a nervous wreck so I can only imagine how you are feeling. Sounds like the vet you went to this time is taking the right steps but I hate they are not communicating with you. Maybe ask for a time that the vet can speak with you in person or over the phone...I don't like hearing from their staff when there is serious issue. I want to talk to the vet so I can ask questions and ensure my concerns are heard. I always wonder just how much info is relayed when you leave messages with the staff. Hoping your baby is better today! Please update when you can.
    Happiness is looking at your dogs face...and forgetting all your problems

15. Likes JMarsha liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training 2bulldogsstuff's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Logan and Brett
    Likes (Received)

Get well soon Hank!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

I spoke to the actual vet numerous times today, including in person. I also called another animal hospital to verify that his current hospital is doing everything they can. The positives are that Tank no longer has a fever and his coughing is expelling a lot of mucus. The negatives are that today's X-ray revealed that his is now congested in both lungs. The vet is switching to a "more aggressive" antibiotic and he is back on the IV for fluids. The poor little guy coughs so hard that he regurgitates his food. I got lots of cuddle time with little Tank today and told him that he HAS to come home soon . Both vet hospitals said that the next 48 hours will be critical for Tank. Please keep praying!

18. Likes bullmama, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by madie4589 View Post
    this is certainly not what I'd expect from a vet office who is dealing with a VERY sick young dog. I was getting calls every 3-4 hours from my vet when frank was at his worst. and she would talk with me for 15-20 minutes at a time, very thorough, telling me things I didn't even need to know.

definitely don't just take the short prognosis they're giving you, you're paying good money for this and that is your baby. get as much info as you can. good luck!! we are all pulling for baby tank.

- - - Updated - - -
    also, is there a staff member who stays to monitor the dogs overnight?
    Thank you! Yes he is at a 24 hour care facility.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads