Sneezing & coughing

Seline Weiskopff

Mar 11, 2015
syracuse
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
molly
The past 2 days Molly has been sneezing & coughing not alot just here and there . Seems like she might have a post nasal drip going . Is this normal or should I take her in to be seen ?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
It could be an allergy. But Coughing alot is not really normal, and it also depends what kind of cough it is. any snotty nose,mucous,listen to her chest to see if it sounds congested,also

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Try giving Benedryl 1mg per pound up to 3x a day. it may be allergies, but if it does not help, I would get her to the vet for a check up

OP
Seline Weiskopff

Seline Weiskopff

Mar 11, 2015
syracuse
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
molly
It could be an allergy. But Coughing alot is not really normal, and it also depends what kind of cough it is. any snotty nose,mucous,listen to her chest to see if it sounds congested,also

Thanks :) The coughing seems to come after running around & ruff housing. Not a lot maybe 5 times a day. Chest seems OK no raspy sounds.

OP
Seline Weiskopff

Seline Weiskopff

Mar 11, 2015
syracuse
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
molly
Try giving Benedryl 1mg per pound up to 3x a day. it may be allergies, but if it does not help, I would get her to the vet for a check up

Thank you I will try the benadryl if it doesn't clear up I'll get her in to see Dr. LEE :)

OP
Seline Weiskopff

Seline Weiskopff

Mar 11, 2015
syracuse
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
molly
I hope everything's okay.

Thanks I gave her 1 benadryl I'm thinking she is about 40 lbs, she's been gaining about 5 pounds a month. I just had her to the vet and she was great lol ! She will be 6 months on the 16th so she is really playful, loves going bye bye :) and is just my best friend ! I haven't seen any change in her other than the occasional cough and the running nose . So I'm hoping just allergies . She is napping now the kids will be home soon so we will see how she is then . Thanks for all the advice guys don't know what I'd do without EBN !

OP
Seline Weiskopff

Seline Weiskopff

Mar 11, 2015
syracuse
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
molly
Well Molly did very when on the benadryl. I could definitely tell it helped. She was very playful last night and ate well. This morning she was back to coughing and running nose so I'm gonna continue the benadryl. If she's not better by tomorrow Dr Lee wants to see her.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well Molly did very when on the benadryl. I could definitely tell it helped. She was very playful last night and ate well. This morning she was back to coughing and running nose so I'm gonna continue the benadryl. If she's not better by tomorrow Dr Lee wants to see her.

GREAT!! hope it is just the darn weather/pollen ;)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.