Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 15

Thread: Wally is shedding a LOT...

  1. #1
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,735
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5596

    Default Wally is shedding a LOT...

    Wally has been shedding a LOT the last couple of weeks… I'm really stumped on this one. He's on Fromm's Beef and I also ordered some Pork and Peas. His stools look good, ears are good, minor paw licking (which I think is just from him playing in the pool water… Lol). He DOES have tear stains, but we are dealing w/his distichia and he needs one more surgery for that later this summer. I don't believe that his mange is coming back at all because I don't see any bald spots, it's just shedding hair. I give him coconut oil (about a 1/2 tsp) at dinner at night, and all of his treats are grain-free or fruits/veggies.

    I just don't know what to do at this point besides brush him more often… right now once a week is the normal. Anyone have ideas on what I should do next?!! Should I change up his proteins?!! Or is this just our normal summertime?!! Ugh… Lol

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  2. Likes JennieS liked this post
  3. #2
    Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Davidh's Avatar
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    13,247
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)
    1557

    Default Re: Wally is shedding a LOT...

    I think he is just blowing his coat, and should get better soon.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie


  4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  5. #3
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,735
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5596

    Default Re: Wally is shedding a LOT...

    Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    I think he is just blowing his coat, and should get better soon.
    I really hope you are right David, I'm really stumped on this one… Lol How long does it take normally?!!

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  6. #4
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11538

    Default Re: Wally is shedding a LOT...

    Agree on blowing coat--- this time of year Banks would be like a snow storm... I think it last a few weeks
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  7. Likes ddnene liked this post
  8. #5
    Bulldog Vet in Training 2bulldogsstuff's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    1,270
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Logan and Brett
    Likes (Received)
    722

    Default Re: Wally is shedding a LOT...

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Wally has been shedding a LOT the last couple of weeks… I'm really stumped on this one. He's on Fromm's Beef and I also ordered some Pork and Peas. His stools look good, ears are good, minor paw licking (which I think is just from him playing in the pool water… Lol). He DOES have tear stains, but we are dealing w/his distichia and he needs one more surgery for that later this summer. I don't believe that his mange is coming back at all because I don't see any bald spots, it's just shedding hair. I give him coconut oil (about a 1/2 tsp) at dinner at night, and all of his treats are grain-free or fruits/veggies.

    I just don't know what to do at this point besides brush him more often… right now once a week is the normal. Anyone have ideas on what I should do next?!! Should I change up his proteins?!! Or is this just our normal summertime?!! Ugh… Lol
    Same here. With Brett too. Checked if it was mange. But no bald spots thought it was the Fromm Pork and Peas so I switched back to Beef Fritata and they not too happy lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. Likes ddnene liked this post
  10. #6
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Wally is shedding a LOT...

    Ugh I know the feeling, Otis is blowing his coat right now too, and I am sweeping up piles and piles of hair around the house too so it's not just him, but I swear his hair is coming out in gobs!!! I was almost going to start a thread about this myself, because it's driving me batty! I know it will pass, but SHEESH!!! So I gave him a bath and I could not even get to his skin because my hands we coated in hair, and then I'd rinse it off my hands only to be coated again, I swear my hands looked like they were growing hair. Then afterwards I did the Zoom Groom (as well as during the bath), then I did the furminator, and it literally made ZERO difference.

    Until the coat is blown I guess I will continue to sweep the pounds of hair off the floor. Brushing DOES help, and will help it pass sooner I believe, just hang in there sister!!!

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  11. #7
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,735
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5596

    Default Re: Wally is shedding a LOT...

    Quote Originally Posted by bullmama View Post
    Ugh I know the feeling, Otis is blowing his coat right now too, and I am sweeping up piles and piles of hair around the house too so it's not just him, but I swear his hair is coming out in gobs!!! I was almost going to start a thread about this myself, because it's driving me batty! I know it will pass, but SHEESH!!! So I gave him a bath and I could not even get to his skin because my hands we coated in hair, and then I'd rinse it off my hands only to be coated again, I swear my hands looked like they were growing hair. Then afterwards I did the Zoom Groom (as well as during the bath), then I did the furminator, and it literally made ZERO difference.

    Until the coat is blown I guess I will continue to sweep the pounds of hair off the floor. Brushing DOES help, and will help it pass sooner I believe, just hang in there sister!!!
    WHEW… I'm glad that I'm NOT the only one, I was starting to wonder what the HECK was going on I bought 2 NEW vacuums in the last couple of weeks because I thought that maybe that would help keep up w/the hair (and I broke the one downstairs… Lol) I wish I could bathe him, but for some reason wet dog hair REALLY gets my allergies a going… I may have to call the groomers. This seems SO weird because normally when my dogs "blow out" their coats it's in the springtime. We are in super HOT summer right now w/temps in the 80-90s. I just brushed him w/the furminator and the zoom groom… I guess I will tell Lily we need to do this on a daily basis till the FUR BLIZZARD is over

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  12. #8
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Vikinggirl's Avatar
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Burlington, ON Canada
    Posts
    9,642
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)
    2119

    Default Re: Wally is shedding a LOT...

    Hi Tracey, I agree with others my guys are also shedding more than normal. The vacuum, Swiffers and damp mop are my best friend right now. The only other thing it could be is allergies, as Dozer went through this on the Fromms Beef Frittata, and I switched their food to Fromms Lamb and Lentil.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

  13. Likes ddnene liked this post
  14. #9
    Dog Park Attendant
    Real Name
    Madie (Maydee)
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    423
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)
    330

    Default Re: Wally is shedding a LOT...

    frank has been blowing coat now for about 3 weeks. it seems to be coming to the end of it I PRAY!!! at the beginning we were taking fistfuls of hair off. now we get by with just brushing him every couple of days.


  15. Likes ddnene liked this post
  16. #10
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    JennieS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    3,259
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    1309

    Default Re: Wally is shedding a LOT...

    Ruthie is shedding like crazy and she has never shed this bad as it is right now. I also thought something was wrong with her.

    She hates being brushed too so i've been petting her and picking up the hair.

  17. #11
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    TyTysmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,512
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)
    6207

    Default Re: Wally is shedding a LOT...

    We're shedding too... it usually lasts a couple of weeks, then just slowly stops

    My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

  18. #12
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,844
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)
    1147

    Default Re: Wally is shedding a LOT...

    Bella has been a shedding machine since day one. She's never stopped. I just figured it is just something I'll always have to deal with.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}



    IG: @bellatheenglishbully

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •