ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Wally has been shedding a LOT the last couple of weeks… I'm really stumped on this one. He's on Fromm's Beef and I also ordered some Pork and Peas. His stools look good, ears are good, minor paw licking (which I think is just from him playing in the pool water… Lol). He DOES have tear stains, but we are dealing w/his distichia and he needs one more surgery for that later this summer. I don't believe that his mange is coming back at all because I don't see any bald spots, it's just shedding hair. I give him coconut oil (about a 1/2 tsp) at dinner at night, and all of his treats are grain-free or fruits/veggies.

I just don't know what to do at this point besides brush him more often… right now once a week is the normal. Anyone have ideas on what I should do next?!! Should I change up his proteins?!! Or is this just our normal summertime?!! Ugh… Lol

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I think he is just blowing his coat, and should get better soon.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I think he is just blowing his coat, and should get better soon.

I really hope you are right David, I'm really stumped on this one… Lol How long does it take normally?!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree on blowing coat--- this time of year Banks would be like a snow storm... I think it last a few weeks

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Wally has been shedding a LOT the last couple of weeks… I'm really stumped on this one. He's on Fromm's Beef and I also ordered some Pork and Peas. His stools look good, ears are good, minor paw licking (which I think is just from him playing in the pool water… Lol). He DOES have tear stains, but we are dealing w/his distichia and he needs one more surgery for that later this summer. I don't believe that his mange is coming back at all because I don't see any bald spots, it's just shedding hair. I give him coconut oil (about a 1/2 tsp) at dinner at night, and all of his treats are grain-free or fruits/veggies.

I just don't know what to do at this point besides brush him more often… right now once a week is the normal. Anyone have ideas on what I should do next?!! Should I change up his proteins?!! Or is this just our normal summertime?!! Ugh… Lol

Same here. With Brett too. Checked if it was mange. But no bald spots thought it was the Fromm Pork and Peas so I switched back to Beef Fritata and they not too happy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Ugh I know the feeling, Otis is blowing his coat right now too, and I am sweeping up piles and piles of hair around the house too so it's not just him, but I swear his hair is coming out in gobs!!! I was almost going to start a thread about this myself, because it's driving me batty! I know it will pass, but SHEESH!!! So I gave him a bath and I could not even get to his skin because my hands we coated in hair, and then I'd rinse it off my hands only to be coated again, I swear my hands looked like they were growing hair. Then afterwards I did the Zoom Groom (as well as during the bath), then I did the furminator, and it literally made ZERO difference.

Until the coat is blown I guess I will continue to sweep the pounds of hair off the floor. Brushing DOES help, and will help it pass sooner I believe, just hang in there sister!!!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ugh I know the feeling, Otis is blowing his coat right now too, and I am sweeping up piles and piles of hair around the house too so it's not just him, but I swear his hair is coming out in gobs!!! I was almost going to start a thread about this myself, because it's driving me batty! I know it will pass, but SHEESH!!! So I gave him a bath and I could not even get to his skin because my hands we coated in hair, and then I'd rinse it off my hands only to be coated again, I swear my hands looked like they were growing hair. Then afterwards I did the Zoom Groom (as well as during the bath), then I did the furminator, and it literally made ZERO difference.

Until the coat is blown I guess I will continue to sweep the pounds of hair off the floor. Brushing DOES help, and will help it pass sooner I believe, just hang in there sister!!!

WHEW… I'm glad that I'm NOT the only one, I was starting to wonder what the HECK was going on :blink: I bought 2 NEW vacuums in the last couple of weeks because I thought that maybe that would help keep up w/the hair (and I broke the one downstairs… Lol) I wish I could bathe him, but for some reason wet dog hair REALLY gets my allergies a going… I may have to call the groomers. This seems SO weird because normally when my dogs "blow out" their coats it's in the springtime. We are in super HOT summer right now w/temps in the 80-90s. I just brushed him w/the furminator and the zoom groom… I guess I will tell Lily we need to do this on a daily basis till the FUR BLIZZARD is over :rofl:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Tracey, I agree with others my guys are also shedding more than normal. The vacuum, Swiffers and damp mop are my best friend right now. The only other thing it could be is allergies, as Dozer went through this on the Fromms Beef Frittata, and I switched their food to Fromms Lamb and Lentil.

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
frank has been blowing coat now for about 3 weeks. it seems to be coming to the end of it I PRAY!!! at the beginning we were taking fistfuls of hair off. now we get by with just brushing him every couple of days.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Ruthie is shedding like crazy and she has never shed this bad as it is right now. I also thought something was wrong with her.

She hates being brushed too so i've been petting her and picking up the hair.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
We're shedding too... it usually lasts a couple of weeks, then just slowly stops :)

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Bella has been a shedding machine since day one. She's never stopped. I just figured it is just something I'll always have to deal with.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Yeap. He is losing his coat; what helps for my girls is I take them outside (Arizona is 100+ this time of year) and I take the garden hose and hose them down and use a toliet brush (I have designated ones strictly for bullies) and just scrub them with the water and brush, no soap, just the water. It really helps to eliminate the coat being blown. I do it twice a week and within two weeks all the loose hair is gone. They just love it because they think they are getting special attention. Good luck!

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
I have this problem year round, should i be worried?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.