brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Does anyone use Advantage multi? my vet is recommending it for the boys since Brutus is so allergic to everything ingested. This goes on the back between the shoulders. any info would be great. Sorry, I thought it was called advantix.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I used it on Roxie and Walter… they did fine w/it. It actually works really well w/dogs that have had demondex mange, it keeps it from coming back ;)

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I used it on Roxie and Walter… they did fine w/it. It actually works really well w/dogs that have had demondex mange, it keeps it from coming back ;)
Great! I like that it protects against everything, where the sentinel only protects against HW.

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Great! I like that it protects against everything, where the sentinel only protects against HW.

Well the vet put Wally back on Sentinel because I have issues w/the Advantage Multi. I'm allergic to perfumes, and the smell of that stuff would bother me for about a day… I would just make sure to keep him away from my face (which he hated… Lol). The Sentinel Spectrum actually controls fleas as well, the only thing it doesn't help w/is ticks. The vet gave me Bravecto for fleas/ticks and I'm going to be honest I haven't given it to him yet. People on here said it was fine, but I just don't like the idea of giving him anything new right now. I'm a nervous nelly… Lol

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well the vet put Wally back on Sentinel because I have issues w/the Advantage Multi. I'm allergic to perfumes, and the smell of that stuff would bother me for about a day… I would just make sure to keep him away from my face (which he hated… Lol). The Sentinel Spectrum actually controls fleas as well, the only thing it doesn't help w/is ticks. The vet gave me Bravecto for fleas/ticks and I'm going to be honest I haven't given it to him yet. People on here said it was fine, but I just don't like the idea of giving him anything new right now. I'm a nervous nelly… Lol
Exactly why I havent given the advantage yet. Last night we were outside having a fire and I thiyght I saw a mosquito near frankie so I have to do something before it gets hot out and they really hatch!

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Exactly why I havent given the advantage yet. Last night we were outside having a fire and I thiyght I saw a mosquito near frankie so I have to do something before it gets hot out and they really hatch!

We are already hotter than hades here… 90s today and the high 80s the rest of the week :sunny: I enjoy the change of seasons, but geesh 90s in June is a bit early already… Lol

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We are already hotter than hades here… 90s today and the high 80s the rest of the week :sunny: I enjoy the change of seasons, but geesh 90s in June is a bit early already… Lol
We are still having early april weather. The wind has been the worst

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We are still having early april weather. The wind has been the worst

I'm super jealous… we had a week here in the 70s and it was absolute HEAVEN. But I can't complain, look at the poor folks in Texas :(

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We spray Harlea down with lavender mixture to keep the mosquitos away. I think I saw one the size of a small dog last night.

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We spray Harlea down with lavender mixture to keep the mosquitos away. I think I saw one the size of a small dog last night.

LMAO!!! Well w/all the rain that you guys have had… Do you use essential oils?!! I'm very interested, but I'm worried since I'm allergic to perfumes that I might have a reaction… :unsure:

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Does this really work? We dont have tics or fleas by me so thats not a problem, but I would much rather go a natural way

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
LMAO!!! Well w/all the rain that you guys have had… Do you use essential oils?!! I'm very interested, but I'm worried since I'm allergic to perfumes that I might have a reaction… :unsure:
Nope. We steep lavender and lemons for a few hours and put it in a spray bottle.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
we've used advantix and advantage multi, as some said it does stink but goes away after a day or so. Lola is hardly ever outside but we'd give it before we'd go fishing in the wilderness up north. She's never had a bad reaction to it. And i've never given it in the winter. We do get Lola tested for HW. But we decide based on our outdoor activities whether to give it to her that month or not.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It has helps us. Keeps flies away as well.

What exactly do you use? They are really only in the yard and my labs have never had one tic or flea so I think I could get away with the lavender for mosquitos. I really dislike giving them the sentinel and such because Brutus gets kind of lethargic for a few days after. Frankie hasnt had any reaction.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.