Flea Medication Recommendation Needed

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
In preparation of starting to send Baby T to daycare one or two days per week (we go visit the daycare for a tour and evaluation this weekend), we need to start him on a flea preventative. I have not used any flea meds on any of my bullies so I am hoping someone will be able to offer a recommendation that has worked well with your bullies.

We have a vet appointment on Monday so I am going to ask about a prescription then and want to go in there informed!

Thanks!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
How exciting for Baby T!!! I like advantage and used that for a long time but now I use k9 advantix because it repels other things like ticks which we need because we love to go camping.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Is this a requirement?, or something you just feel you need to do? I haven't seen a flea in all the 13 years I've lived in Az. Do they even have fleas here?

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Is this a requirement?, or something you just feel you need to do? I haven't seen a flea in all the 13 years I've lived in Az. Do they even have fleas here?

It is a requirement to attend doggy daycare.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
I use Frontline Plus ... that was just by vet recommendation. I am definitely interested to hear what everyone uses - since EBNers have the best info. :up:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
When Gracie and I were at the vet a coupl of weeks ago for a routine shot I got in a discussion about flea meeds with the vet assistant. I asked about the Hartz brand because it was a tenth of the price of the others. She said don't use it as some dogs have died from it. What was more interesting is that she said that they are seeing a 'resistance' to Frontline (flea immunity) so they are starting to recommend Advantix now. HRH will be using Advantix this season. :)

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
We have always used Revolution because it also prevents heartworm, earmites and mange.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Don't use any flea stuff at the moment because we don't seem to get them ..... I shouldn't have said that because now I just know I'm going to have a flea epidemic this summer ... :eek:

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Thanks everyone - I took Truman to the vet today and completely forgot to ask about flea medication with the sore on his foot and his mange follow up but I will return for a prescription after we visit the doggy daycare of Saturday afternoon. I appreciate the advice!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.