new bully mom

cheri braithwaite

Jun 2, 2015
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
killian / sasha
My new rescue baby is 3 is he considered old in dog years.also what's this back dance my baby does rolling back and forth making these funnie noises on his back? It's pretty awesome he never wants to leave my side. I'm loving the cuddles and all the attention. I'm loving this.he always looks at me in my eyes.as if he wants to say so much .what's a good bully shampoo or what's good for getting rid of bad order? Thanks everyone.:no::excited::smoochwink:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
No, he's a younging :) that would be what we call here at home the bully back spaz. It's super common for the breed & I love it when they do it. Tyson always does it at night when he's getting comfy, lol.

I would go with an all natural shampoo, free of any chemicals or perfumes.

Welcome to bully life, best ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
:welcome3: to EBN
FTSE does that each morning outside of his fake grass patch and at night too in front of the TV, and yes they are the most ador-a-bull breed but then I am very biased.
I noticed that FTSE had an odour when he was on food that was not agreeing with him and he was getting a lot of yeast as soon as we got him on a food that agreed with him the odour went away.

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
Oh, you will find that this breed is like no other. Such expressive faces and just amazing companions!

Can't help you with the odor as I've never dealt with that but I have recently turned onto a natural shampoo that I absolutely LOVE!!! It is a bar soap which would seem difficult to use but it is actually very easy and lathers well. All natural, no preservatives and leaves their coat feeling great and doesn't irritate sensitive skin. It has essential oils that also help to repel pests and also has antibacterial properties! Check out the website Wondercide Natural Products for Pets, People and Property - Don't Poison to Protect the Ones You Love

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, the back scratch dance... too funny isn't it! And I call them velco pups and shadow, they are always with me. I even will walk the whole house doing nothing just to see them follow me EVERYWHERE I go. :giggle:

Odor.... what are you feeding?

oldbaystyle

Feb 5, 2015
Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
My new rescue baby is 3 is he considered old in dog years.also what's this back dance my baby does rolling back and forth making these funnie noises on his back? It's pretty awesome he never wants to leave my side. I'm loving the cuddles and all the attention. I'm loving this.he always looks at me in my eyes.as if he wants to say so much .what's a good bully shampoo or what's good for getting rid of bad order? Thanks everyone.:no::excited::smoochwink:

At least he is is just rolling around on his back. This used to be Duchess's pre-nap ritual when she was really young:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mqBB06gxUw

Congrats on the new baby and enjoy!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

OpieRay

Aug 19, 2014
Nevada
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
Welcome to bulldog world!!! I wouldn't trade being a bully mom for nothing. :) We use a natural oatmeal shampoo for our boy. He hasn't really had odor issues unless it's been a wrinkle infection. Good luck

Verenabean24

May 29, 2015
Seattle Washington
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Walter
hi! I also am new to having a little bulldog homie of my own! mine is 6 and ive had him for about a month now. I had the same issue with the smell. And be careful with the oatmeal shampoo. The people I got him from told me to use that but infact if he could be reacting to yeast, the oatmeal could be NOT helping that. I have switched to a natural shampoo with teatree oil and he is doing great with that. I also do a rinse after his bath. i mix 1 gallon of water with 1 cup of white vingegar and 1 cup of peroxide and pour that over his body and leave it and dry him off. dont rinse that off. and he doesnt itch or have any smell. It has taken away all the yeasty smell and itch from my pup! also, look into what food he is eating. hope this helps!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.