anna0270

Jun 1, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Marty and Lucy
I took my 10 wk old puppy Lucy to the vet yesterday for a vaginal discharge. Upon examination they noticed that her vulva/vagina was inset to where they actually had to use fingers to get it to poke. They said this was most likely causing the vaginitis. They told me how to clean the area and gave us antibiotics. The vet also mentioned how there is a chance Lucy will have this forever and as a result will have frequent problems and UTI's as a result. She said sometimes as they grow it may spread enough to poke out and sometimes if I left her come in heat the first time it may cause it to swell and lift out. They also could do a surgery to trim the skin around it. Needless to say this has me concerned. Bulldogs are a special breed and require a very qualified vet, esp if I'm gonna let them cut on my baby like that. I'm hoping it will pop out in age.

Has anyone else had this issue with their bully?

Thanks!
Anna

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My girl Banks had something similar and ended up have a vulvaplasty at around age 2.... she had constant UTI's as soon as she was off the antibiotics, the UTI would be back and she was miserable every time. Banks has so much tissue and skin in the area that he girlie parts were totally covered.... once we had the surgery - she did not get any more UTI's and her bum healed beautiful.

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
My girl Wheezie has a lot of extra skin that completely hides her VJ.She is 2 and has had one Uti that lasted awhile. I wipe her after every potty and haven't had any issues since.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
At this age I would not be too concerned, wait and let her go through a heat cycle first as it can usually bring it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
A

anna0270

Jun 1, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Marty and Lucy
Christie,

What do you wipe her with? I was using unscented baby wipes, however then I read that even unscented can be irritating using so often (even though we use them on babies!??), so I was unsure what to do.

Thanks!!
Anna

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you all for your help. I love having a place to go where not only do I see awesome bullies everywhere, but I get so much caring info!!

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
Christie,

What do you wipe her with? I was using unscented baby wipes, however then I read that even unscented can be irritating using so often (even though we use them on babies!??), so I was unsure what to do.

Thanks!!
Anna

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you all for your help. I love having a place to go where not only do I see awesome bullies everywhere, but I get so much caring info!!
I use natural non scented baby wipes.Sometimes just a tissue works especially when she sees us coming and tries to get away.lol.I also give them Greek yogurt, which I freeze in ice cube trays they love them.Coconut oil is great too as well as some Apple Cider Vinegar in their water.Hope this helps [emoji190]

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.