URGENT!!! Beware of the dangerous side effects of vaccinations

Tthor14

May 31, 2015
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Jon Jon
image.jpgOn Saturday, May 30, 2015, we took our four month old puppy Jon Jon for a rabies shot. He had a bad reaction to the shot known as anaphylactic shock and he passed away within five minutes after. The veterinarian injected Jon Jon with epinephrine, dexamethasone, diphenhydramine & famotidine all in effort to revive him and rid of the reaction. We just want to raise awareness to all the pet owners especially to English Bulldogs owners. Jon Jon has brought so much joy & love to everyone whose lives he's touched. Please read Jon Jon's sad story:

https://justiceforjonjon.wordpress.com/2015/05/31/raising-awareness-for-jon-jon/

Any advice, comments or even sharing this would be greatly appreciated. We do not want this to ever happen to anyone. Our loss of Jon Jon was so sudden and still seems so unreal. He was our perfect bully. Thank you for your time in reading this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 189

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
First of all my sincerest condolences on the loss of your beloved Jon Jon :cry: I can't even imagine your shock at this unbelievable loss… I HAVE heard of dogs having severe reactions to vaccinations. My vet got a bulldog that was around 7 years old and in an abusive home, she was NEVER given vaccines. When they gave her the yearly vaccines they almost lost her, she had a SEVERE reaction and was in the hospital for days. She did survive, but I'm not really sure about the details of it.

I will tag some other members to see if this has happened before on this forum…

We do have a bulldog memorial thread on this forum if you would like to post a memorial for your baby. I have lost several bulldogs, and I know how hard this is on your and your family. Once again… I'm so very sorry for your loss…

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I am so sorry for your loss of your beautiful baby. Such a sad story and heartbreaking. I just do not have the words for such a thing. We try to do the right thing for our babies, and never ever think that something like this will ever happen. He was such a beautiful pup and looked so happy, again I am so sorry.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh my, I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved bully Jon Jon. This is such a heartbreaking story and I feel stunned after reading this. So sudden and so unexpected. What a beautiful pup JonJon was and my deepest condolences to you and your family.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
so very sorry for the horrible sudden loss of your sweet baby boy --- what angel face!

I know of people that dos had a bad reaction and have a medical wavier for the dog to not receive the shots any longer.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
So heartbreaking:*( I cannot imagine your pain. What a sweet boy, run free little Jon Jon<3

I admit we've only given our dogs the first 3 puppy shots, they never got the rabies shot as scheduled or follow up shots, manly because I was scared. Both Boeboe and Bennie had to have their Rabies shot when we had them at the vet for spay and neutering when they were 2 years old. It is the law here apparently... and they found out we never gave it to them. I don't know if I'm a bad fur parent or a good one... all I know is that I'm doing what I think is best:unsure:

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
I'm lost for words. I'm so sorry :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I am so sorry to hear this. Thank you so much for informing us and making us aware. I had definitely heard of reactions to vaccines, but bless that poor baby. Jon-Jon - until we meet again one day, keep an eye on us from above. Prayers for your family.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I am so sorry to be reading this. My heart goes out to you.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Your loss of Jon Jon brings me to tears for the horror of losing him
like that and so young, way too soon to go! Doing the right thing
as a responsible & loving parent isn't supposed to end tragically ;(
My deepest condolences, he is so precious in your pics, so happy.
I'm hoping someone has more info to share about vaccinations.
Again, just heartbroken with you, can't even imagine how hard this
is for you, sincere prayers for comfort & healing.

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
I'm crying with you as I read your story about your fur baby, JonJon. I can't imagine the pain....I dont know what I'd do...thank you for sharing your story to help others with being aware of what could happen when giving our babies vaccinations, especially during your grieving...I've heard of dogs having different reactions to vaccinations, but nothing like this, so Thank You again, I now know something I didn't before reading your story, something that could be very helpful for me or someone I know in the future. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.